Right hand drive pic's

aussiestroker

Reaction score
There are 4 blue plates you can't see one in pic's
one is for when we took centre fold down seat out making it 2 seater only.
this is what it looked like when i bought it

03.jpg

many $$$$ later to where it is today

Strokersace

Reaction score
Seems like an optical illusion... Had to keep focusing my eyes only to realize that it's just that way! Very cool. I've always wondered what they look like down there!

More pics of the differences between Aussie models and US models would be awesome!

BTW - great job in transforming it from an ambulance to a pickup again!

aussiestroker

Reaction score
There is not too many differences, except the f****** price :mad: we have to pay for them & parts, for the one good example of parts pricei had to replace recently, ICP sensor $685.
Another model we got here between 2001-2005 had a 4.2 ltr diesel see pic's
This is 2001

KGrHqYOKkYE4CFb50uRBOHryZJw_3.jpg

KGrHqUOKm4E4PccYS4mBOHryuJC2w_3.jpg

:confused:

Dtm030

Reaction score
Is that a 4bt?

Hey Aussiestroker. I moved to the states from Brisbane and love the price of the trucks here. My old man looked at getting the same thing I had and converted (2008 6.4) and it was ridiculous in price so he didn't bother. Conversion is around 30k now from what I've heard. But you also have to remember everything is more expensive but pay rates are higher over there in comparison. I was an electrician over there earning 100k in commercial and over here I'd be lucky to make 40k.

Dtm030

Reaction score
CB radios over there are all digital and are soooo much smaller and cooler. I don't know why they aren't like that here.

aussiestroker

Reaction score
Is that a 4bt?

Hey Aussiestroker. I moved to the states from Brisbane and love the price of the trucks here. My old man looked at getting the same thing I had and converted (2008 6.4) and it was ridiculous in price so he didn't bother. Conversion is around 30k now from what I've heard. But you also have to remember everything is more expensive but pay rates are higher over there in comparison. I was an electrician over there earning 100k in commercial and over here I'd be lucky to make 40k.

Heh i'm hearing you, just makes you mad at the prices:shrug:

Dc Moore, the radio GME electrophone UHF remote face, if you look at my pictures under dash where your park brake is you can see main unit for it

Dtm030

Reaction score
Yeah I remember when they switched from analog to digital around 10 years ago and they got better reception. You can save channels and scan channels for others on air too.

Aussiestroker- It used to make me mad too. Just the fact that you have drive on the left means it makes every American vehicle more difficult to send over.

aussiestroker

Reaction score
Yeah I remember when they switched from analog to digital around 10 years ago and they got better reception. You can save channels and scan channels for others on air too.

Aussiestroker- It used to make me mad too. Just the fact that you have drive on the left means it makes every American vehicle more difficult to send over.

The biggest problem we have here is Ford cant compete with the number & price of all the Jap 4x4's etc that flood our market.
Ford stopped importing & assembling here in 1994, tried again in 2001 to 2004/5 then stopped completely

dave186

Reaction score
wow $685 for an ICP sensor? Is it hard to get parts shipped from the states? So your truck is a conversion, but who made the parts? you said ford imported the Fseries up till 94 so did they make the OBS body style in RH drive?

Sorry for all the questions, Ive always been interested in Australian cars. I had a picture of an FPV Falcon as my background on my computer for a long time. I wanted one with the turbo I6 real bad but its the same story, big money and its RH drive. When I looked into it they said the aussie cars wouldnt meet US safety standards either.

aussiestroker

Reaction score
wow $685 for an ICP sensor? Is it hard to get parts shipped from the states? So your truck is a conversion, but who made the parts? you said ford imported the Fseries up till 94 so did they make the OBS body style in RH drive?

Sorry for all the questions, Ive always been interested in Australian cars. I had a picture of an FPV Falcon as my background on my computer for a long time. I wanted one with the turbo I6 real bad but its the same story, big money and its RH drive. When I looked into it they said the aussie cars wouldnt meet US safety standards either.

No its not hard to get parts from states, I get most of mine from over there that i cant source here at reasonable cost, Lastest eg , AE program .
Falcon FPV Typhoon ( turbo 4ltr 6) & GT.Boss 5.4 ltr
Well what can I say
Both very quick cars, Ford had to detune the Typhoon turbo as it was more powerfull & quicker than the flagship GT 5.4ltr
Our cars meet European standards which is higher than USA

yes we got all OBS models prior to 1994, they were mostly brought in in parts made in Brazil & assembled here.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wife needs a truck like that for delivering the mail :D

Dtm030

Reaction score
Ford also had the SD's sold by ford Australia (200-2004 I think) and made by ford brazil in right hand drive. They were the 7.3's mostly and some 4.2's. They looked exactly the same as the ones here but wheel on the other side. They couldn't keep up with Demand but they stopped selling them as there just wasn't enough selling numbers. Sounds crazy but there's only 22 Million people in Australia and it's about the same size as the continental US. If they were to keep making them they needed to produce more to make it worth while and the numbers just weren't there even though lots of people wanted them but it was like selling to the same amount of people as there are in TX. They were about $88k for a crew cab 7.3 and they aren't far off that now used.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online