Rock Auto Complete Tailgate

Layson

Reaction score
I would think you could pick up a used one for cheap off craigslist for the older style. Everybody wants the newer ones now.

Too bad rockauto doesn't have the 08 up tailgates...that isn't a bad price on a new one.

sootie

Reaction score
they are sh!t.
hard to believe but the actual construction of them is flimsy and cheap. you can tell just by sitting on the tailgate with it down.

get a used fomoco one for <200

TurboM700

Reaction score
I dont care how cheap it is I will never buy from rock auto again. There return policy is BS. There great up front but anytime they screw up its your fault.

Most of the time my Napa will meet there pricing as long as shipping is include.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
is there a Rock Auto store in your neighborhood or would you be ordering it online and having it shipped?

njjeep

Reaction score
Ordering it online, which sucks cause there shipping is usually pretty expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njjeep

Reaction score
All I was asking is, does anyone know the quality of the rock auto tailgates? Someone who has actually seen one or bought one. My boss needs a new tailgate and does not want to spend 500 or more since the rest of the truck is rusted and he uses it every winter to plow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s10mike

Reaction score
most aftermarket body panels/tailgates are poor fitting, lighter guage junk. i would find a used oem one.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Try looking for a F-150 tailgate... most people don't realize they are the same thing and sell them cheaper.

The F150 tailgate and the Super Duty tail gate are interchangeable??? Same size and everything? Plug and play!?!

Zaairman

Reaction score
1997 - 2003 F-150 tailgates will fit on all Super Duties 1999-2007. 2008+ require changing the hinge.

I have a "F-150" tailgate on my truck (think it came off a 98). They were $100 at the junkyard. F-250 tailgates were $200-250!

ToMang, they are the same. Swap em one day. No tools needed.

Latest posts