Rod failure

1badpsd

Reaction score
I'm just curious, how many failures has everyone seen? Stock or ******d trucks, I'm just curious as me and a friend was having the discussion and he "has just seen to many posts about them failing" apparently on here. I never thought there was much of an issue with them on stock or ******d trucks.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i personally haven't seen any.. and that isnt the first time i have heard of someone saying there where a lot...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
we've seen 4 or 5 , all with dual fuelers and a 369 or bigger. tuning has far surpassed the early failures.

Black AOD

Reaction score
It's once you get into 650-700HP range, the bottom ends start to be unhappy

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
we've seen 4 or 5 , all with dual fuelers and a 369 or bigger. tuning has far surpassed the early failures.

so that could that roughly equate to "stay below 650rwhp and you might be safe" ? I thought most S366sxe or something like a 66mm streetmax would have a max of maybe 650rwhp or so with dual fuel and the necessary accompanying mods right?

not trying to hold anybody's word to them or anything but i'd rather know my truck's limits up front too haha

Black AOD

Reaction score
so that could that roughly equate to "stay below 650rwhp and you might be safe" ? I thought most S366sxe or something like a 66mm streetmax would have a max of maybe 650rwhp or so with dual fuel and the necessary accompanying mods right?

not trying to hold anybody's word to them or anything but i'd rather know my truck's limits up front too haha

Yeah you're abvout right on those numbers (roughly) A truck with a streetmax or an s366 size on stock fuel should be fine. The s366 might lag a little though being non vgt on stock fuel.

Adding Dual Fuel does help but like Mike said, that's where it get's sketchy

Personally, I think a streetmax X or a smaller s364.5 or s363 on stock fuel for a stock motor truck would be about perfect and still spool great!

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Yeah you're abvout right on those numbers (roughly) A truck with a streetmax or an s366 size on stock fuel should be fine. The s366 might lag a little though being non vgt on stock fuel.

Adding Dual Fuel does help but like Mike said, that's where it get's sketchy

Personally, I think a streetmax X or a smaller s364.5 or s363 on stock fuel for a stock motor truck would be about perfect and still spool great!

I see your truck's for sale; what are looking at buying next?

Jomax

Reaction score
For the trucks that failed at or below 700hp. Is there a big chance, that tuning had something to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I see your truck's for sale; what are looking at buying next?

If I can swing it, I'd like a 17 or 18 KR or Platinum F350 CCLB SRW.

I'm looking to trade it for 14+ Crew Cabs F350 6.7 as well, I'd be happy in one of those as well.

I've been thinking about if it sells I may just keep the money and drive one of our company 1/2 tons and stay out of a diesel truck for awhile.

So currently it's a big internal debate with myself lol.

Black AOD

Reaction score
For the trucks that failed at or below 700hp. Is there a big chance, that tuning had something to do with it?

I would say almost certainly tuning did play a part

Jomax

Reaction score
I would say almost certainly tuning did play a part

Plan was to always get a streetmax and dual fuel when my trans finally lets go. Get to about 700hp and stop till I build the motor.

Trans is still strong, doesn't seem to want to die with 105k on the clock lol.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
If I can swing it, I'd like a 17 or 18 KR or Platinum F350 CCLB SRW.

I'm looking to trade it for 14+ Crew Cabs F350 6.7 as well, I'd be happy in one of those as well.

I've been thinking about if it sells I may just keep the money and drive one of our company 1/2 tons and stay out of a diesel truck for awhile.

So currently it's a big internal debate with myself lol.

oh gotcha lol. well my friend has had both a newer SRW '17 F350 KR CCSB and now a '17 F450 KR CCSB so i can attest they're nice trucks haha

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Plan was to always get a streetmax and dual fuel when my trans finally lets go. Get to about 700hp and stop till I build the motor.

i've been thinking the same with roughly 113k on my truck now

StreetmaxR and stroker pump, Midwest tunes

100%

nice sounds like a solid DD setup

Black AOD

Reaction score
oh gotcha lol. well my friend has had both a newer SRW '17 F350 KR CCSB and now a '17 F450 KR CCSB so i can attest they're nice trucks haha

I've test driven a 17' F350 CCSB Lariat, an f450 platinum, and a f350 platinum srw cclb. They're awesome lol

Black AOD

Reaction score

I think streetmax and dual fuel gets you to about 650-ish, someone correct me if I'm wrong

Latest posts

Members online