Roll Pans

juniort444e

Reaction score
My bad, i was typing while excited and watching a movie, what i ment by both of your trucks is JMart's and yours. :doh: My mistake bud.

I like Urethane more than fiberglass.

Tonka350

Reaction score
honestly the time I uninstalled it and installed it it was really easy....just make sure you have a 90* drill that made it really easy for me.

Chad

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I went with the Grant on mine as well. It looks better, takes a little more fab work to get it on there and takes a while to get one but it is worth it.

My spare is in the bed and my hitch is gone.

ntx11009.png

I love that blended with the bed, looks 100% factory.

Do you have the handle relocator ? They dont make one for my truck lol.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
You know who you bought it from...but that's a Street Scene roll pan. I have one too. Rebadging parts is nothing new.

Tonka350

Reaction score
ok I'm not going to argue. but not trying to sound like a dick either but whatever...does it matter what brand it is regardless? the box says sir michaels and the receipt says sir michaels...but I guess I don't know what's on my truck.

Chad

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Like I said...rebadged parts are very common.
Sir Michaels doesnt manufacture urethane roll pans...they do however source them from Street Scene, rebadge them and sell them as their own. It's no big deal...RBP does it with just about everything they sell.
Look at the pics in the link I posted on page 2...compare yours to mine and the truth should be very obvious.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Street Scene was the worst in my opinion. Urethane just doesn't look right.
It doesn't follow the natural vertical curve of the rear of the bed like the Grant does.

The steel Sir Michaels does but it's 3 pieces, steel pan with urethane end caps. It doesn't have a compound curve along the tailgate though to flow the horizontal curve that's there.

I'm not picking on Tonka at all...but his is a Street Scene manufactured part no matter where he bought it. Don't confuse his with a steel Sir michaels made pan.

Click the link I put on page 2. You'll see my weld in Grant and how it follows all curvature of the truck and looks like an oem part. A Street Scene which is identical to Tonka's pan, you'll notice how ill fitting it was on my truck and last you'll see a steel Sir Mikes which looks great I just needed that absolutely perfect fit it didn't quite have.

I'd put a Sir Mikes miles ahead of Street Scene in quality. I had to file and fit the ends of the SS one and make supports for the bottom. It was so flimsy it would literally flap in the wind when I drove. I wouldnt recommend that one at all.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah he is right about the street scene making the roll pan, sir michaels on makes metal pans themselves but they sell others rebranded as theirs... We put a sir mikes on my buddies s10 and it was a very nice piece ... If you Want a metal pan grants or sir michaels are really the only way to go

Street Scene was the worst in my opinion. Urethane just doesn't look right.
It doesn't follow the natural vertical curve of the rear of the bed like the Grant does.

The steel Sir Michaels does but it's 3 pieces, steel pan with urethane end caps. It doesn't have a compound curve along the tailgate though to flow the horizontal curve that's there.

I'm not picking on Tonka at all...but his is a Street Scene manufactured part no matter where he bought it. Don't confuse his with a steel Sir michaels made pan.

Click the link I put on page 2. You'll see my weld in Grant and how it follows all curvature of the truck and looks like an oem part. A Street Scene which is identical to Tonka's pan, you'll notice how ill fitting it was on my truck and last you'll see a steel Sir Mikes which looks great I just needed that absolutely perfect fit it didn't quite have.

I'd put a Sir Mikes miles ahead of Street Scene in quality. I had to file and fit the ends of the SS one and make supports for the bottom. It was so flimsy it would literally flap in the wind when I drove. I wouldnt recommend that one at all.

stroken

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but the pics on the link you posted richard didnt show up. How do you attach the steal one? im ditching my street scenes one, total garbage. just hoping I dont have to have my whole bedside painted from having this welded on.

Latest posts

Members online