Rotating assembly balance

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
anyone know of any good trustworthy balancers in Florida or maybe south Georgia that can balance 7.3 rotating assembly. I recently purchased crower rods an d some other goodies to go along with this setup. cannot find anyone local :fustrate:

I live in tampa,fl

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I guess if you don't give a damn about how your stuff works then you can throw them in.... my set of crowers were out 2 grams... and the brand new pistons.... I seem to remember them being out by about 12-15 grams.... it was a set of 8 that one got dropped at the coating place and then I had to buy and individual.

I would never build a motor without a through balance job, complete with damper and flexplate/flywheel. It makes a world of difference.

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
I know we're a little far away, but we can set you up with a balance job within a tenth of a gram. We can also set it up to do an internal balance with an ATI damper and a neutral balanced flexplate... The only way to go IMHO

PM me if interested.

Crowerstroke02

Reaction score
Mehhhh crowers are balanced enough from factory, just throw um in

The rods may be balanced from crower but the rotating assembly is not balanced for the crowers. They may only be 2 grams difference but at high rpm's that's a huge difference could wind up being a pound difference

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
2 grams between em is not the thing. Its the diff compared to stock. My carrilos were over 200grams lighter than a stock rod. There is a percentage most people allow when swapping parts. When i took out .030 stock fly cut pistons and put in decompressed deeper flycut .040 je pistons i didn have to change my balance cause it was less than 10 grams diff and the pecentage said not to bother if uder 14grams diff. I think its a 10% factor if i remember right thats allowable. And my engine is smooth as glass even with solid motor mounts. No one really knows where oil is flying when running any way.

Lang

Reaction score
Lol. So can anyone help the OP with his question. I'll need same sometime soon. I live in FL as well

DocBar

Reaction score
anyone know of any good trustworthy balancers in Florida or maybe south Georgia that can balance 7.3 rotating assembly. I recently purchased crower rods an d some other goodies to go along with this setup. cannot find anyone local :fustrate:

I live in tampa,fl
You might want to contact powerhungryperformance. They're an hour or so east of Atlanta, but they could probably point you in the right direction.

I can't believe you can't find a good machine shop in the Tampa area, though. That's odd.

Lang

Reaction score
You might want to contact powerhungryperformance. They're an hour or so east of Atlanta, but they could probably point you in the right direction.

I can't believe you can't find a good machine shop in the Tampa area, though. That's odd.

Well if he's like me I'd like references for dropping that amount of coin. OP call up dieselsite and see if they can point you in the right direction as well. They are in Homosassa FL.

DocBar

Reaction score
Well if he's like me I'd like references for dropping that amount of coin. OP call up dieselsite and see if they can point you in the right direction as well. They are in Homosassa FL.
I take it that you don't know who Bill is. If he refers you to someone regarding a diesel, that's about all the reference you need. I specified him because he's in the general area of the OP.

Dieselsite would be another good option. I've ordered lots of stuff from them, but I guess I never realized they were in Fl.

Lang

Reaction score
I take it that you don't know who Bill is. If he refers you to someone regarding a diesel, that's about all the reference you need. I specified him because he's in the general area of the OP.

Dieselsite would be another good option. I've ordered lots of stuff from them, but I guess I never realized they were in Fl.

Bill is in GA 😁

DocBar

Reaction score
Bill is in GA ��
Hey, I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with you. The OP mentioned southern GA. That's why I mentioned Bill. If Dieselsite can get him going, I'm all for it. Have a good one.

:fordoval:

Lang

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with you. The OP mentioned southern GA. That's why I mentioned Bill. If Dieselsite can get him going, I'm all for it. Have a good one.

:fordoval:

Lol huh? Hence my mention to try dieselsite AS WELL. Calm down cup cake.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.