rough idle, shaking at 1500 rpm

blk99

Reaction score
cant figure out what it is.... whole truck shakes at idle and when you accelerate at low RPM's it vibrates violently... like shaking change out of the center console, violent.... its the worst once the TC is locked.

ICP is 600-700 at idle and as high as 2700 accelerating.

DC is 12-13% at idle and never goes higher than 42%

fuel pressure is 68psi at idle and drops about 2psi at WOT in my daily tune and bout 10psi at WOT in my extreme tune.

ICP sensor has oil in it but unplugged it and nothing changed.

had the water in fuel light coming on under acceleration so i drained the bowl and nothing changed.... a month later i got pissed off with the light always coming on so I drained the bowl again and then pulled those fuel pressure numbers.... this time the light has gone away (bout 100 miles so far since i drained it) and it ran significantly better but its slowly returning to the old symptoms....

anybody have any ideas?

thanks

blk99

Reaction score
nope its all over the front axle... smelled a little funny though

blk99

Reaction score
truck was almost on E when i drained the bowl and after i drained it i went and filled up at a different station then normal.... symptoms are still creeping back...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
icp is running in default and needs the sensor changed. fuel psi is way way low if it gets below the high teens the plungers can bottom out in the injectors and destroy them i would drain the entire fuel system and clean out the fuel tank...

live life full throttle

TERRCO

Reaction score
Did you say fuel psi is way low? I thought I read OP posted fuel pressure at 68psi only dropping 2lbs at wop. I run around all day long on 65psi of fuel pressure. This is what I set my regulator at. What's wrong with 68psi?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Your fuel PSI is fine.

Come out to the house and snag my ICP sensor, see if that helps, but I doubt it will.

You can pull and clean the IPR, but again I doubt thats your issue.

If I make it hope this weekend we can hook up AE, now that my power cord issue is fixed...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
damit, posted while on sleep meds again.. ok, sorry guys misread the op... fuel psi is fine... thought it was dropping down to 2psi and 10psi... not dropping only 2 and 10 psi...

live life full throttle

blk99

Reaction score
Your fuel PSI is fine.

Come out to the house and snag my ICP sensor, see if that helps, but I doubt it will.

You can pull and clean the IPR, but again I doubt thats your issue.

If I make it hope this weekend we can hook up AE, now that my power cord issue is fixed...

i'll grab it when we get the welder....

it was reeeaaalllyyy idling bad tonight.... no water in fuel light this time though....
extremely sluggish from a dig but once the rubberband tightens up she seems to have the usual amount of power...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Almost acts like a wire harness issue. Check to insure they are all pluged in and tight. Dielectric grease on everything.

blk99

Reaction score
noticed this tonight for the first time.... the needle was not shaking like that the other night when i got my above mentioned fuel readings..even driving, it was was not moving at all.... the way that needle moves is exactly what the whole truck does at idle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zbf9vYWUZI&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: visually checked the harness at the UVC and IPR and it all appears plugged in fully...

Last edited:

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... Mine did similar to this when I had injectors out. Once she got going it was ok but at low rpms, and for the first 20 min it was horrible.. convertor unlocked was not to bad but locked felt like I was driving over washboards

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

blk99

Reaction score

what kind of reply is that?

Just throwing this out there... Mine did similar to this when I had injectors out. Once she got going it was ok but at low rpms, and for the first 20 min it was horrible.. convertor unlocked was not to bad but locked felt like I was driving over washboards

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

yea thats kinda what i have been leaning towards.... obviously hoping that wasnt the case though...

blk99

Reaction score
well next chance Joe gets were gonna hook it up to AE and see whats up...

2002 E350

Reaction score
Sorry I wanted to sub. to this thread. Some of the other forums I belong to we just simply post like i did and it will subscribe me to that forum. Sorry still trying to get use to this site. :( My vans fuel pressure bounces like this also. That is why I wanted to subscribe. Maybe following your thread may help me out to.

blk99

Reaction score
Sorry I wanted to sub. to this thread. Some of the other forums I belong to we just simply post like i did and it will subscribe me to that forum. Sorry still trying to get use to this site. :( My vans fuel pressure bounces like this also. That is why I wanted to subscribe. Maybe following your thread may help me out to.

No worries, I didnt mean to sound like an ass....

Joe ran AE on it tonight....looks like number 8 injector is toast and number 4 is weak.....

Latest posts

Members online