RP Surge (Highway Speed)

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I don't have a rail pressure surge, but I do get a weird shake between 45-60 MPH that seems similar to what Dustin was talking about. It's like my truck is bouncing right after the converter locks. It's not touchy throttle because I have the issue with all tunes, not just big tunes. Knowing my truck, it's probably something driveline related. :doh:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
It does it with all tunes. That's why I think it's the torque converter....or something in the driveline.

3brorce

Reaction score
I was looking to convert back to an older ford flash also so that my truck would fuel harder but not if I get a shutter that is as bad as you all say.

gman1

Reaction score
I was looking to convert back to an older ford flash also so that my truck would fuel harder but not if I get a shutter that is as bad as you all say.

You may be one of the lucky ones because not all trucks have this issue. Its not bad you just have to use the tow/haul button if you want to cruise around 55 mph. I can live with that as long as I dont have to get the newest flash.

3brorce

Reaction score
You may be one of the lucky ones because not all trucks have this issue. Its not bad you just have to use the tow/haul button if you want to cruise around 55 mph. I can live with that as long as I dont have to get the newest flash.

ok thanks. i might as well get all the power i can. usually cruise more around 50, 60, 70

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I swapped to the street tune, didnt do it on the 9 miles home and I tried everything i could to get it to do it and stay in the general area. I talked to Ted, he wants me to try the street and report back, but ill prolly go ahead and try the exrace too and make sure it doesnt do it (i hope)

dstryr

Reaction score
Mine did this too and that was erics response when I emailed him. It went away when I put the OUO traction bars on.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Mine isnt touchy throttle, definately FRP surge. I got bars.

You OUO guys, how much are your bars loaded for everyday driving and a little gettin on it? What about the track how much load?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Arent OUO bars adjustable in length so that you can load (put pressure against) your axle? in an opposing force to axle wrap

dstryr

Reaction score
I use the bolt on style that use the new 6.7 flipped ubolts. I bolted the bottom bracket under the axle and the front bracket to the frame. You then put the bars in while the truck is at ride height and install them there. No loading of them. Loading iirc will introduce binding...

gman1

Reaction score
Arent OUO bars adjustable in length so that you can load (put pressure against) your axle? in an opposing force to axle wrap

The adaptable OUO bars are so you can mount the ends any where on the frame that suits you. It has nothing to do with pre load. Like someone already mentioned the truck has to sit a ride height to install the bars right.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.