rpm issue

pontiacross

Reaction score
is it even remotely possible to change the cam without pulling the heads to get to the lifters?

live life full throttle

I have never had to do it with a 7.3 but I have held the lifters up on other engines with long magnets and got it done. on 5.9's you can drive wood dowls into the lifters and hold them up. I'll look at a 7.3 lifter when I get a chance and see if there are any other options

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have never had to do it with a 7.3 but I have held the lifters up on other engines with long magnets and got it done. on 5.9's you can drive wood dowls into the lifters and hold them up. I'll look at a 7.3 lifter when I get a chance and see if there are any other options
sweet! thank you sir!

live life full throttle

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, you're not gettin the cam out with the front cover on. And you have to pull the pan to get the front cover. We're not as lucky as the dodge guys there.

So, since you're supposed to roll the block and install the pan upside down to let the RTV set on reassembly...

I promise the lifters clear the cam with the block upside down, and rockers and pushrods removed.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, you're not gettin the cam out with the front cover on. And you have to pull the pan to get the front cover. We're not as lucky as the dodge guys there.

So, since you're supposed to roll the block and install the pan upside down to let the RTV set on reassembly...

I promise the lifters clear the cam with the block upside down, and rockers and pushrods removed.
10-4

live life full throttle

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Yes, what was said. Motor has to be upside down. I just did it that way about 2 months ago and put a colt stage 2 in from dyno proven.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
20 MPH ain't bad for bein down on power.
that is a good point chvy... this winter I was thinking of a tare down but if I can get this heifer to run the way it has before, I might just leave her be this year and not go with bigger injectors, better hpop, bigger turbine housing w/gate and a tire change... it is already somewhat suspicious to some of the guys and pisses one guy off to where he wont even acknowledge me when I say good hook today cuz he is one of the dmaxes that should be beating me and knocking on tomacs door.. I have pulled against him 5 times this year and beat him every time... I have absolutely nothing to hide, I tell and show anyone who wants to know whats done to the truck and I help anyone out who needs it and even have my reese hitch in the factory mounting holes on the frame and not moved forward like most do. my hooking point is 1/4" inch low. the only thing I havn't complied with is that I haven't put the two 3/8" crossbolts in the exhaust and made a kill/air shutoff switch.

come to think of it now, I have no***inidea why I havnt put the bolts in the exhaust yet.. that would be the simplest of everything I have done to the dam thing...

live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score
The guy in the driver seat is a critical variable from what I have seen with pulling especially at the lower levels.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The guy in the driver seat is a critical variable from what I have seen with pulling especially at the lower levels.
prolly a lil bit.. im the only one who gets out of the truck while in the lineup to pull and watches each truck and where they go down the track...
Like.Jake has.a.secret. Fullthrottle.
haha.. my Tapatalk signature says it all.... and I think like a antique tractor puller I dont just drive down the middle of the track like 99% of the guys do. I split the tracks that other trucks make and or drive where they dont, even account for the slope of an uneven track... I grew up pulling actual farm tractors and antique tractors so had to pick and choose where to go and I still do it..

live life full throttle

TARM

Reaction score
Like I said. Ha Ha All the power in the world spinning those wheels ain't much if all they are doing is spinning down a ****ty line.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Like I said. Ha Ha All the power in the world spinning those wheels ain't much if all they are doing is spinning down a ****ty line.
well.. mike tomac has that down pretty good... lol.. he just stomps her down and goes. even through everyone else's tracks..

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
well.. mike tomac has that down pretty good... lol.. he just stomps her down and goes. even through everyone else's tracks..

live life full throttle

Where you are running what class would I go in? The only difference is I have 250/200.

PDT1081

Reaction score

live life full throttle

There is something to be said about "once the road is built." Then again, I've seen someone move the sled into a wet hole, and the next 8 trucks followed. 100 feet of difference.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.