RSK Lift OBS

LilBit 4x4

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an RSK kit from Sky that needs to be installed. I am on the East Coast of FL. I don't have access to a lift/shop anymore to do work. So far the people I have talked to have never done RSK and charge crazy amounts. Any referrals to good people is greatly appreciated. Or any instructions on me doing this myself in my driveway is good too.

-Nicole

mustube

Reaction score
Buy some big jack stands, but your frame on the jack stands just high enough to where the tires are still on the ground but the weight is off and you should be able to do all the work relatively easily. I've done suspension swaps like this, it works pretty well for not having a lift. I'd put some jack stands right behind where the front leafs are, more under the core support if you feel you need to.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Ya notice we have an OBS forum about 4 subforums down...

Just saying

Joe, do you ever think... Just for a second, that no comment is better than a smarta$$ed one? Just because you "can say" doesn't mean you need to or should.

If you'd put 1/2 as much thought into who it was as you did your post, you'd have realized she's extremely new to the forum. Yes a member since July, but only 19 posts. And the fact that she's came back for more actual truck knowledge after July, maybe you could offer guidance on where to get the most eyes in her question, instead of "just saying".

To the op, I'm sorry I don't know of anywhere in Florida that can help, but there are a lot of members on here from down there. Joe is right, I just didn't care for his approach. To better serve your question due to being body style specific, you should ask a moderator to move this thread down to the OBS section. Also check out the regional section that's specific to the southeast. Maybe a better chance of finding some local info there.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I installed a sky RSK with SD springs on the ground along with a d60 about a year ago. It's not all that hard, just time consuming. You will have to cut all the rivets on the rear hangars then drill the holes larger. You also have to drill a bunch of holes in the front.

sP1020358.jpg

sP1020359.jpg

sP1020361.jpg

sP1020364.jpg

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Little hint make sure you have plenty of good drill bits too I broke one and burnt two and I took my time with them. The one thing they don't explain we'll enough IMO was the fact that you have to remove all the front hanger components then put the crossbar up front with the existing hole (where the old front shackle bolted to) then measure from thr old rear hanger I think it was 43 1/2 inches then do all of your drilling. I almost blasted off all the rivets on the rear hangers then that would've been fun! Only not at all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.