Running light tap

Riley

Reaction score
Just did this on my 2015. I used a fuse tap on the driving light fuse in the cab fuse panel. Check your manual to see which fuse it was because I forgot. Works perfect with the light switch/auto lights. Also works whenever you lock/unlock the truck. Works perfect for my new interior lights!

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
On a DRW you could tap the fender marker lights. What are you trying to get done? Where are you using the feed?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I ran a tap off the interior light switch for mine. I'd consider splicing off the fender lights. Might be a long lead to run but it's an easy pair of wires to find on each side.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Interior is easy to access either thru the firewall grommet or the body mount opening under the carpet. The firewall grommet is best accessed if you pull out the driver's side wheel well liner. There is a short "extension" that you can cut on the very end to pass the wire to the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_20141018_130228527_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141018_130228527_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49

Betarocker

Reaction score
I'd determine the total wattage before just tapping in to an existing circuit. Even LEDs can overload a circuit. Best option is to tap on a trigger to a relay and then have a fused dedicated circuit.

Latest posts

Members online