S&B intake vs NoLimit intake

aaron.luckert

Reaction score
Herd good things bout both intakes. But which one is better? for daily driving towing and driving on dirt roads often

duddy

Reaction score
If you plan on doing any extra mods, there is no question just got No Limit. I daily drive, drag and truck pull with mine. The AFE filter used in the no limit, is a great filter anyhow.

Spatel23

Reaction score
theres no comparison between the 2.

No Limit hands down
You can get the prefilter and it will filter just as good as the S&B imo

Towing, youll get more air in, which will result in better mpg

Ive personally ran both

Last edited:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Even with my S&B over oiled I still got dust in the intake. But I live on a dirt road. And under oiled it would still suck in the filter minder. I can't go back to a stock filter. Currently running a Drop in filter from www.greenfilter.com with the top of the air box opened up some. Working good with my drop in 71.

Anyone in dusty areas check there intake after the filter with a No limit intake?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Even with my S&B over oiled I still got dust in the intake. But I live on a dirt road. And under oiled it would still suck in the filter minder. I can't go back to a stock filter. Currently running a Drop in filter from www.greenfilter.com with the top of the air box opened up some. Working good with my drop in 71.

Anyone in dusty areas check there intake after the filter with a No limit intake?

ive never heard of one issue with dry or oiled or pro guard 7 in regards to dust, with or without pre filter. but the pre filter is free and is great for severe applications including high dust and wet conditions. the filter is so massive the pre filter is no restriction. glad your filter is working for you !!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Even though I don't have a NO LIMIT (YET). 100% no limit all the way.

how you of all people don't, is NUTS !!

I know I am biased , because no limit is mine, but this topic is really not even close in comparison. the only difference is the ccv re route. which the no limit is designed to re-route , and the only reason it does that, is I don't want anybody to run that crap back thru the intake tract , ever again.

mghoodlum

Reaction score
The only issue I have with the no limit is it increases noise significantly. It took some time to get used to but if ponies are what you are after no doubt it's the right choice

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The only issue I have with the no limit is it increases noise significantly. It took some time to get used to but if ponies are what you are after no doubt it's the right choice

it certainly isn't just ponies. it's flow. with increased flow you will see a mileage increase, and with the filter size, cleaning intervals are about double , depending on conditions . the sound isn't much different than any other intake with the lid removed.

sootie

Reaction score
S&B isnt even a comparison to No Limit.

The no Limit is a MUST HAVE for anyone with a six four. you truly dont realize how much you are leaving on the table until you throw one on...

3brorce

Reaction score
1st time I have heard that added turbo noise to be an issue lol.

mghoodlum

Reaction score
1st time I have heard that added turbo noise to be an issue lol.

I talk on the phone a lot for work. After the lift and tires it was difficult to talk on the Bluetooth. After the no limit intake I don't even try. I also put a larger turbo in at the same time. Not sure how much that increased noise as well.

08strokr

Reaction score
I talked with Mike quite a bit about it and went from s&b to no limit and after I did I will run no limit on any truck i ever own...no comparison hands down