S366 kit vs h&s motorsports single 64???

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
For my truck I want mild tuning and a turbo. I also believe beyond that the truck becomes a bit of a liability. I want it to be snappy and very reliable, it only gets me where I plan to go. I think the H&S kit does that best.

Reaction score
For my truck I want mild tuning and a turbo. I also believe beyond that the truck becomes a bit of a liability. I want it to be snappy and very reliable, it only gets me where I plan to go. I think the H&S kit does that best.

I think your probably correct. I have not driven both to base any claim either way. Our kit is made to tailor to the performance oriented or the person who wants to configure their own turbo based on their wants or needs. Basically limitless turbo options. The reason we went with divided pedestal and full 4" down pipe. Not really meant to be a lower performance kit. Even though it can be with the right charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigPSD

Reaction score
H&S' 64mm seems to be a pretty all around charger. I would just like too see some towing vids and logs. Really the only thing holding me back from going to a single... Plus its sounds sooo badass!

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
H&S' 64mm seems to be a pretty all around charger. I would just like too see some towing vids and logs. Really the only thing holding me back from going to a single... Plus its sounds sooo badass!
We did alot of towing with our 6.4 with the 66/74/91 before singles were cool and it all comes down to trans tuning shift points just need to be held out a little longer and downshift points need to be adjusted to downshift quick

But personally I would never recommend a single to anyone needs to tow on a causal basis if you just pull a little boat or four wheelers or something under 8k it will be fine

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
I have pulled our 36' pace enclosed race trailer with our kit installed on a 6.4... 12,000 lbs dry, and a truck inside around 18,000 lbs. No problem, the more weight the better it tows it seems. Not trying to start a 6.4 single pissing match again, just saying there are option's and it's all about what the kit was engineered for.

johnp115

Reaction score
My opinion is, if I were to do a single again I would go with the H&S kit and the H&S turbo. The videos of that kit/turbo combo down at sea level are pretty appealing. If I couldn't spend the coin on that id go with the MPD or Midwest pedestal and a Billet 62-64.. for stock fuel purposes.

Reaction score
Like Morgan Said, There is no real right and wrong with any of the kits. Having seen them all, you will not be disappointed with whatever one you choose. They are all top notch kits.

Here is my opinion on the Single Turbo kits for the 6.4L.

The H&S kit is a great kit to replace the stock turbo's with. The response and spool up, especially now with the new tunes from Gearhead, Make it a absolute blast to drive. There is defiantly a performance gain over the factory turbo's. But don't expect huge power out of this kit, as that's not what it was designed for. I do feel the 650WHP goal you are after can be done with this kit though, and would be a great turbo in a set of compounds.

The Midwest kit and MPD kit are great kit's too, and a BIG ADVANTAGE about both these kits is just how universal they can be. Being able to Swap Turbo's from something small to something bigger as your needs grow is a simple Turbo Swap away. Your turbo choices are almost endless as well and both of these kits you will never "outgrow". You can go from a small single, to a Large single, to something in between. It's whatever your little heart desires.

Reaction score
Eric, Have you found the stock fuel system to fall off even with a very mild nozzle?

Even with stock nozzles a factory pump can sometimes not keep up on a 2.4ms tune. A healthy one can. But any larger nozzle requires a reduction in pw to keep rail pressure where it is supposed to be. Basically an upgrade that will require nozzle and pump to be upgraded at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Thanks Morgan..... The only one's I have messed around with have had the stock fuel system. I was under the impression they could handle a very "mild" nozzle......

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Eric, Have you found the stock fuel system to fall off even with a very mild nozzle?

It seems people have different results, personally I think anything larger than 15% is too much for a stock pump. Some others claim to run larger nozzles with low PW tuning and still maintain RP. My personal opinion is if you have to lower PW to maintain RP you don't have enough pump.

Everyone makes a good kit that I've seen, you just need to make your purchase based on your current needs and room for growth in the future if desired. I personally run a 371 single on a high/er mileage engine ( 224K ) with stock nozzles and pump ( original at that ) with no issues. But I do have tailored tuning from Matt that made a huge difference in driveability. I do tow occasionally ( no more than 12k ) with little to now issue, but I'd in no way say its a tow pig. I just drive back and forth to work and occasionally play with sports cars with it. It works for me, I know others have tried my same set up with the same or better results and some with worse. Thats the thing about these trucks, they all react a bit differently.

I will say though, your kit sounds like none other I've heard. Sounds pretty ridiculous. And price is right on point with everyone.

BlackPearl6.4

Reaction score
i am currently running morgans kit on my truck, billet s366. and for yall that are on facebook often, you know how much i love my truck and the performance. ive never dynoed it, but with jesse byalls tunes, ive ran a best of 7.9 in the 1/8 @85 mph. that is stock fuel, stock trans all ive done is the turbo kit, deleted, tuned, no limit goodies and exhaust. as for daily driving tunes im running gearhead tunes, virtually smokeless and AWESOME performance. but im currently looking to sell my 366, and upgrade to a 400 frame charger as i have plans to add fuel next year and make a little more power, along with a transmission and trac bars. lol

Latest posts

Members online