s366 or s475

MDpsd06

Reaction score
I am new to the forum, but want to start planning out my build. I go back and forth on what I want to do. So as of now the truck is my daily driver, its studded, and ******d, with mild built trans. Its my daily driver as of now, and I occasionally pull about a 7,000 pound boat around. I want the single I buy now to be apart of when I go to twins later. Looking at a s366 or a s475. Let me hear your thoughts, I am sure its been discussed before. Yes I know its a big jump between the two, eventually want big power out of it.

Last edited:

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
S366. You would never run a 475 as a high pressure charger, that's for someone that wants to make cost effective power on a single setup.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Yep, just read that you occasionally tow. I would run the s364.5 sx-e that will match very nicely with your current setup, when the time comes for more power you can compound it with an s480

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
There's no comparison between a 366 and a 475. Don't plan on towing anything with a 475 let alone 7k. It just won't work.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
6.4 is a different animal.

8e27f5204340921f43447b44f4ea32b1.jpg

S366, 205/100's, and 4.30 gears (help immensely)

Probably only weighed 6000 lbs.. It worked but far from ideal.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Maybe spool up, but common rail atomization probably keep the temps more reasonable. I had to have so much fuel pulled I think I topped out at 28psi full tilt locked up in od lol

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Maybe spool up, but common rail atomization probably keep the temps more reasonable. I had to have so much fuel pulled I think I topped out at 28psi full tilt locked up in od lol

That's no bueno, I know my max boost dropped going from a 66 to a 71 even though power was up due to moving more air. But I assumed the two would be fairly similar given the trans is the same ( tuning wise ) and engine architecture is the same minus injection and a small bump in displacement. However I could see EGT's being a factor depending on elevation. I know I had better luck with the 71 than most people did due to where I live.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That's no bueno, I know my max boost dropped going from a 66 to a 71 even though power was up due to moving more air. But I assumed the two would be fairly similar given the trans is the same ( tuning wise ) and engine architecture is the same minus injection and a small bump in displacement. However I could see EGT's being a factor depending on elevation. I know I had better luck with the 71 than most people did due to where I live.

Street tune or race tune it made over 40, but it would peg my 1600* pyro on a long wot pull, towing a trailer would melt it down after too long so ******** wrote me a tow tune that kept the egt's low which was my main concern, but yeah it didn't drive the charger very hard lol

MDpsd06

Reaction score
Sorry guys been away from the forum for a little. Thanks for all the help. Im thinking I am going to go with the S366 for a daily turbo. I have not decided on the injector size yet. Might be a little while down the road because I think im now starting to experience a FICM issue and some front end issues once I took the lift off my truck. Once I get everything in the truck running right and some money back I will be getting everything done. Thanks

swinky

Reaction score
A 6.0 with full icp has just as much injection pressure as a 6.4 at the tip.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
A 6.0 with full icp has just as much injection pressure as a 6.4 at the tip.

Right, the elusive icp.

My truck was a dirty bitch, my egts always seemed like they were a little higher than they needed to be.. But I think there were a few factors that played into that.

swinky

Reaction score
Right, the elusive icp.

My truck was a dirty bitch, my egts always seemed like they were a little higher than they needed to be.. But I think there were a few factors that played into that.
I hear ya man. Numbers on paper vs reality are always different.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Right, the elusive icp.

Honestly, that is how mine is too. It does still run good though!!

Latest posts

Members online