s371FMW & S591sx compounds w/ 350/150s

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't ever run 71 as a hp. Why go so big when you can still make a ton of power with a much smaller setup, spool and drive well on the street, and take a big shot of n2o at the track when needed?

the main reason is I already have the 71 in the valley as my current turbo, and im very happy with the way the turbo spools. it spools extremley well,

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
it won't with an 88+mm in front of it though...

just to give you an idea, there has been almost 1100 hp made with smaller turbos than I currently run. I would guess that you could spray to 1000+ with my setup too. Seems like plenty for the track when needed and more than enough for the street and still spools effortlessly. you should unload the 71, pick up a 66 and go from there....at least IMO.

Last edited:

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
it won't with an 88+mm in front of it though...

just to give you an idea, there has been almost 1100 hp made with smaller turbos than I currently run. I would guess that you could spray to 1000+ with my setup too. Seems like plenty for the track when needed and more than enough for the street and still spools effortlessly. you should unload the 71, pick up a 66 and go from there....at least IMO.

what is ur current turbo/ injector set up?

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
I jus wana know the ideal turbo(s) to go with the 71, Im not getting rid of it. I likes it way too much and it makes good power as a single

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
If u got the money. Garret gt55 91mm there a bit smaller frame than a s500 so there easier to mount

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
According to mph. Its making 720 on fuel & 930 on a small shot of gas
Are you looking for a dyno queen or a fast drag truck that still spools good enough to not black out the road when your street driving ?
if so you will need bigger turbos like the s371 and 488 but really you could just do a 367 and still make Damn near same power...but be wise what 88 you choose because there is only one out that that actually works right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

windrunner408

Reaction score
it won't with an 88+mm in front of it though....

that 71 is going to get laggier with another turbo

So by sticking something that is designed to capture energy retained in the exhaust (that would normally just escape to the atmosphere) and converting that energy to work on compressing the atmospheric air to help force feed his existing turbo (fancy way of saying that two turbos are simply going to net a higher system efficiency than one turbo will), the setup is going to get laggier?? How does that make any sense?? Don't get me wrong... I know that the S500 series turbos are HUGE and therefore are NOT going to be efficient at lower rpms. I get that and therefore, while I wouldn't expect necessarily that his spool up would be noticably faster, I would expect it to be about the same as it was and just don't get why it would be laggier. I mean unless the huge LP turbo isn't spinning at all when the truck is running (I can see that making it a restriction), then how is it going to be a restriction to the inlet of his turbo?? If there is that much friction in the BW journal bearing system, I guess I wouldn't be using that turbo for a LP turbo...

I've gotten data logs of using a 364 as a single turbo, and then when used with a S480 and while the same boost at say 2000 rpms or so was the same in both setups, it still started making boost at the same rpm it did as a single and when the turbo system (if you will) "lit off", it built boost at a faster rate than the 364 did as single...

I'm not here to argue. I just keep seeing this blanket statement thrown around here without any explanation as to why that is the case in a situation where it doesn't make sense as two turbos (pretty much regardless of size) are going to capture more energy from the exhaust than one turbo will, plain and simple.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
Are you looking for a dyno queen or a fast drag truck that still spools good enough to not black out the road when your street driving ?
if so you will need bigger turbos like the s371 and 488 but really you could just do a 367 and still make Damn near same power...but be wise what 88 you choose because there is only one out that that actually works right

I want it to be a a mid 10 sec truck on the track & but a decent truck to drive on the street when I do drive it. Which is not alot

And for the 88.... Is that the 450 88? With the custom compressor housing?

I'm thinking really hard about two 362fmws feeding the 71......

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
No its a 400 center section uses a hybrid wheel

Latest posts

Members online