40b5682fb7bb4b7f5c4b9355215b36a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

m j

Reaction score
first pic is not the race cover fmw s468. it is has standard cover
178855 is the borg warner part number you are looking for

jstann

Reaction score
I want to know what the difference it will make to the turbo ? Does it spool faster? Flow more air ?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
I know you do. In typical mj fashion he pops off something with having absolutely no knowledge of it and doesn't add a dang thing to the topic at hand. Mj won't be that person...

Swaan

Reaction score
I want to know what the difference it will make to the turbo ? Does it spool faster? Flow more air ?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Yes generally the race housing will make it spool faster and flow more air. The discharge temps are lower as well.
In the gasser world the race cover has been dynoed a 50-60 hp gain over the reg cover.
Now the new v2 cover borg has out for the 78 -80 -82 mm s430sx turbos is even bigger and said to be worth 100 hp over the reg cover .

Swaan

Reaction score
I should just clarify. The race cover will support about 50-60 hp more over the reg cover.
If your turbo is already to big for your application then your not going to gain much by adding a race cover.
It's only if your maxed out will you see the big gains in flow.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I'll first say, I'm no expert. But the top picture is a ported compressor housing, the bottom picture "race cover" is a non ported housing.

Differences? A ported housing will have a wider map/efficiency range. This turbo would be better suited for an engine that does not see a consistent RPM range, and doesn't need max air flow from the turbo all the time such as a daily driven vehicle. Without a ported housing, when the turbo has "spooled" and it is producing more airflow than your engine can consume, you will experience compressor surge. Compressor surge/ stalling can cause turbocharger failure. Ported housings essentially slow down airflow on the compressor side.
The "race cover" is just that, designed for the high performance consumer. It is not "ported". Efficiency range will be narrower thus needing to be better matched to your setup. A narrower efficiency range is less ideal for a street application because of this. A non ported housing will have more air flow available at the top of its map. This is more ideal for a "race" setup that will be pushing the turbo to its limits all the time.

Think of a stock 7.3 with a stock turbo, no issues with surge. Add some more fuel, keep the engine stock, stock turbo will experience "surge" because the added fuel is driving the turbo harder, engine has not been modified, and the turbo falls outside its map. Adding a ported housing somewhat fixes this concern. Look at a 38r, ported housing.

Strokersace

Reaction score
because it is the s468 that he asked about. do you have another p# for an s468?

I guess you wont be 'that person' either as you didnt add a single fact to the thread.
He was asking about the differences in covers specifically on the s468 and what benefit one would have over the other.

You said "here's the part number you're looking for..." He never asked for a part number you idiot. So you provided nothing.

Good try at making yourself feel important though. I swear you're Berman's twin brother.

m j

Reaction score
what I typed is right there at top of page and it answered his query.
one of those images could be the s468 and, from the info I have seen, the other isn't.
the part number allows him to look at the differences himself, without it he will rely on people like yourself that dont have a clue.

you just outed your own insecurity with the 'feel important' comment :)
just because you have nothing of value to add to a discussion doesnt mean you arent important, Stroker.

Strokersace

Reaction score
what I typed is right there at top of page and it answered his query.
one of those images could be the s468 and, from the info I have seen, the other isn't.
the part number allows him to look at the differences himself, without it he will rely on people like yourself that dont have a clue.

you just outed your own insecurity with the 'feel important' comment :)
just because you have nothing of value to add to a discussion doesnt mean you arent important, Stroker.

Where in your post did you speak to the benefits he specifically asked for? That's right, you didn't. You giving a part number does nothing more than show your ability to use Google.

I didn't have his answers and didn't try to act like I did, unlike you. So I called you out on it. Nice try spinning it though!

You've shown time and time in nearly every thread you post in that you're the greatest in your own mind. But in reality you're just a Google Guru.

Again I commend you for staying on track trying to justify your own importance in your own mind.

Swaan and IH, on the other hand, provided meaningful info that the OP and myself learned from.

m j

Reaction score
I will give the pathetic troll another bite :)

IH is incorrect. the s468 is ported. so that is misinformation. the smooth transition is a cover that is pinned over the 'ports'
I think it was forum searches that lead me to buy the s468 not google searches.

a quick search of Trolls posts shows zero useful info ever posted. so it gets to be the second addition to the loser list. SMH

Strokersace

Reaction score
Internet warrior at his finest once again. Mj making himself feel important by now using the forum search to jab instead of Google. Haha

When I see multiple people in multiple threads call you out for being an idiot, it doesn't take a search to find out. An your responses to them are just as bad as your attempts here! Nice try though.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I will give the pathetic troll another bite :)

IH is incorrect. the s468 is ported. so that is misinformation. the smooth transition is a cover that is pinned over the 'ports'
I think it was forum searches that lead me to buy the s468 not google searches.

a quick search of Trolls posts shows zero useful info ever posted. so it gets to be the second addition to the loser list. SMH

How am I incorrect? One of the pictures has a ported compressor housing, the other does not. You can't say the 468 is "ported" because any compressor housing can be "ported". I gave information on the differences between ported and non ported housings.

As I stated, for a vehicle that will be used for the track/pulling, go with the race cover. For a daily driven vehicle, the benefits of the ported housing will out weigh the loss of peak efficiency if the turbo is not going to be pushed to its limit constantly.

Latest posts

Members online