S475/96tw and 200 Nozzels experience? BP?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Just got my new turbo installed yesterday, ive got a mean leak at the flange gasket so ill have to wait to seal it up to get some real data going but im running a .90 housing on this. Wondering what anyone elses experience is with one? Its a smidge laggier than my 71/83 with 1.1 housing which i dont mind and lights really hard once it gets going. Im not sure if i can trust my BP on the scan guage because its reading the same as my 71/83 did. 35psi is 48BP no matter the tune. Havenet pushed it much further yet but has a lot of meat on the bone. At idol im still at 13psi and about 14-16 driving around town.

Basically just in for some info to see who else is running one and what you found/how you like it? :fordoval:

with about 15 miles on it around town you can tell it takes more to get it going off a light but it seems more torquey and responsive

Last edited:

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
also it makes a real cool howl noise threw the exhaust when lightly accelerating gaining about a pound or 2 of boost and letting off. not sure if that's a tight exhaust housing or big turbine thing.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Doesn't the truck stop reading through the map sensor at 35psi? So you would need a regular gauge for that.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
BP gauge not map.
Once I get some time back home I'll have my setup complete and we should compare numbers.
I am 76/.98.

JD3020

Reaction score
Back pressure sensor maxes out around 48psi.

I'm hoping to have my 75/83/1.10 up and running here in the next couple weeks with 250/200's, i'm interested to see how it'll do.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I have never seen over 48psi BP so i believe that is correct, i need to get a gauge but dont know who offers a decent one. I also have no idea if stock is even reading correct

i just felt the 83 was far too small and ran out of steam but maybe the 71 wheel was just too small.

but yes id love to compare numbers when you get your truck going. and im not sure if i told you yet(Kevin? i think) but im hopping on a local dyno soon for an hour session to data log everything to send to my tuners to help with the bucking i had talked to you about. When are you due back?

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Make up your own BP gauge. Just a boost gauge with several feet of copper tubing coming off the manifold to get away from the heat. I'm sure someone on here could tell you better or give you pics.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Ya, Im pretty sure that's how they all do it. I could be wrong. Just need about 5 feet (so ive been told) of copper tubing and coil it up to get the heat out.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember telling you awhile back to use a boost gauge with copper tubing... I usually coil it around a piece of 2-3" pipe (whatever I have handy) 6-8 times to help get rid of the heat and make sure it's sealed up really good. Anyways.. I could swear I told you that a few months ago..

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I put a T off the factory sensor. A small chunk of coiled copper tube and a spare boost gauge. Then a spare oil pressure gauge. Then another boost gauge.

Now I have an electric 0-100psi sensor I stick in there when I want to read it. I just unplug my fuel pressure gauge.
It destroys gauges.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Has anyone that is running these 71-75mm s400s ever ran a 467fmw? just curious if anyone has comparisons

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The cover on the 467 is huge. And I know irate makes a kit different from the 471 and the 467. So not 100% they are easily swappable. Never done the swap myself so not sure.

Irate makes a mount change between the two? I have never specified turbo when ordering a kit from jake.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I talked to Jake and you need to run his flat plenums to make that turbo fit but other than that it drops right in. The 467...is that also/similar to the 468? Or is the billet wheel the difference between the 2?

Travis I don't believe that was me that you informed but that's some good info. I'll look into making a kit soon so I can get some accurate readings.

Derek, i jumped from stock turbo to 71 then to a 75 so I never got to try that turbo. Curious what others findings are as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.