Save RPM for Boosted Launch

caladash

Reaction score
Safe RPM for Boosted Launch

So I was doing a little messing around in the back yard last night and thought I would use the 4 wheel drive since I havent done so in a while. Did some 4wd launches and wasnt able to build any boost till about 2100 rpm. Is this a safe rpm for parts? Whats the max one can go? I was on grass so I can see slightly less resistance than the drag strip but is that a safe level to boost at?

Last edited:

Austin

Reaction score
I was launching at 2100 with a completely stock truck (except tune), I think you are ok.

David N

Reaction score
I think you should be looking more at your boost instead of your RPM's. Leaving under 20psi and you should be okay. If it breaks something, it needed to be fixed anyway.

caladash

Reaction score
are you trying to figure out where your truck launches the best?

I am. The first launch I did didn't feel as strong as I thought I should so I did another. The first one didn't even move the boost gauge. The second one I built about 4psi but that was at like 2100- 2200 rpm. Just felt a little high but launched nicely!!

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
when i drag raced a couple times a few years ago i had a 2100 stall tc and would flash it to 26-2700 on launch. lol launched the rubber bed mat out on the track one time.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
worry more about boost pressure than the rpm... try leaving at 10psi, and go up from there. when i was running a smaller charger and a stock stall converter my sweet spot was around 12-15psi

bpcheramie

Reaction score
Now Danny you break everthing you touch..... So how can you call that a philosophy....

Latest posts

Members online