Schematic

caladash

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram from the 42 pin connector to the injectors? I have a truck with a pigtail change gone bad!!

Bugman

Reaction score
Here is a PDF of the IDM plug that has the color codes for the injectors, also a PDF for testing from the IDM plug to the injectors.

Attachments

• IDM PDF.pdf
    479.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IDM Test.pdf
    710.5 KB · Views: 39

caladash

Reaction score
Bugman.....I thank you for that!!

Well looks like this truck is gonna need a new engine harness. The injector shield wire was cut and mutilated in multiple places. The UVCH pigtail was cut for injectors 5 and 7 as well as 2 and 4. Not even clean cuts. I can fix it but that shield wire kind of makes me not want to mess with it.

Bugman

Reaction score
Good luck trying to find a harness unless you connect up with someone that is parting out a truck.

The shield wire or coating is just that a shield but it is to keep the higher voltages from sending out a pulse that would interfere with something else, at least that is my belief. If you want a easy fix for it just use some aluminum foil to wrap the injector wires in. We use that in the communications industry to prevent bleed over on high capacity phone lines.

caladash

Reaction score
Its actually pin 15 I believe on the 42 pin connector. Injector shield I think its called. The shop owner calls me on occasion for electrical issue troubleshooting. I used to be a Metrologist so wires don't bother me to bad!! I gave him my thoughts but he made the choice to replace the whole harness.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.