SCT Generic tunes how do they perform for you

Ovalboy20

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering what kind of power and 1/4 mile speed and times and 0-60 times that you guys are getting with a bone stock pickup with the SCT generic tunes.

swinky

Reaction score
High 14s low 15s around 90 mph. 0-60 probably around 6.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

JGman141

Reaction score
I saw 14.5 at 89mph with mine when I had an exhaust, studs, egr delete, and a intake.

kornfanjoe

Reaction score
I ran the "performance" sct tune for a few days until I ran Matt's Srl+. The canned tune was very smokey, slow and didn't shift even remotely as well. It doesn't even compare and a custom tune is well worth the $50
Sorry for not putting info but a custom tune will feel way better

Last edited:

Strokin89

Reaction score
Custom tune is the way to go. Sct performance tune smoked a lot. It ran quicker than stock but when I got my super panty dropper tune from Chris a TSD it was a complete night and day difference!

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

sootie

Reaction score
dont waste time with generic tunes. Hit up Gearhead for a custom tune and be done with it.

duck fan

Reaction score
Custom tunes are always going to outperform canned tunes. With custom tunes you have the freedom to talk to the tuner and get it set up your way.

Ovalboy20

Reaction score
Okay, I should probably get some customs tunes then. How is elites tunes for the 6.0 ??? With the canned sct tunes it has 4 lvs of power and on lv3 I was able to do 89 mph in the quarter and that's spinning in 4 on takeoff.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
My Gearhead tunes have a slight light switch effect. Not terrible but low rpm's on a bumpy road can suck. BUT the tunes are good and the shifting is great.

I am about to try ID tunes though. I like to diversify my tunes. Lol.

05stroker350

Reaction score
I run Elite's tunes and like them a lot. Light switch effect isn't too bad and my truck runs very strong on them with good shifting as well.

Latest posts

Members online