SCT problems

BFT

Reaction score
truck started fine with the new set up and now doesnt want to start. went to put in a lower tune and an error message came up. what do i do now?

BFT

Reaction score
its loading up right now. the little theft thing came up. im just too tired to deal with this **** and i just saw a coolant leak on the passenger side.

i guess the intake has to come off:doh:

on a side note...truck WAS running hard. only went about 3/4 throttle though (truck started to not go straight). wanted to put in a lower tune for the drive home to get the heads broken in a bit

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
well...its a no go. tune loaded up ok but im getting this code

P2610 Electronic Control Module (ECM)/Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Internal Engine Off Timer Performance

it starts but then immediatly shuts off. any one?

tensixniner

Reaction score
I did a google search and found this ...

Check engine light on, diagnostic code P2610:
This code for internal computer communications may be set during battery cable service or battery replacement. Disconnecting the batteries or computer will not clear this code. It can only be cleared by removing fuse 36 from the engine compartment fuse box for 30 seconds, then reinstalling it. Then clear pedning codes with a scan tool. Restart the engine and check for the code. If P2610 returns, continue with normal diagnosis. Broacast Message 6954.

BFT

Reaction score
I did a google search and found this ...

Check engine light on, diagnostic code P2610:
This code for internal computer communications may be set during battery cable service or battery replacement. Disconnecting the batteries or computer will not clear this code. It can only be cleared by removing fuse 36 from the engine compartment fuse box for 30 seconds, then reinstalling it. Then clear pedning codes with a scan tool. Restart the engine and check for the code. If P2610 returns, continue with normal diagnosis. Broacast Message 6954.

THANKS!!! I'll give that a try in a few hours. I need some sleep. Probably hook up the IDS tomorrow if it still happens.

BFT

Reaction score
This is how it went down...

The tuner is SCT with Eric's tunes. The unit is an x cal and when I started the truck it was on x race file.

Truck ran and was on for a while after a build I did here at elite. Drove it around and then pulled it in to tune it to something smaller for the way home.

Got an error message on the tuner, and said if it doesn't turn on, to return to stock. Truck didn't turn on... The pump did t run or anything when you turned the key to "on" position.

Returned to stock just fine. Pump cycled and I started it for a second just to see. Try reloading a tune and it loaded fine. Started the truck but shuts off within a few seconds with a code and the code comes back once clearing as well

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
the truck is on a charger right now, i pulled the 36 fuse for 30 seconds (thanks tensixniner) nathannial has the IDS hooked up and ill have him clear the code...hopefully it works.

the batteries are most likely needing a charge, like erik said

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
the code i threw when my ECM/PCM got fried on my SCT.. i had IDENTICAL issues. truck would start, not run, or would run to 3/4 throttle. not sure if it was the tuning that fried the PCM or my batteries were low and the tune messed up....... anyways it sounds like my issue.. i returned it to stock and took it to the stealership that one of our mechanics work at for warranty on the whole ECM/PCM.... H&S FTW.... LOL jk jk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If it was the sct it's the xcal. I know Eric has always preferred the LW because of the more efficient means of communication with the PCM.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I hope you didn't fry anything. If you have to get a LW,it isn't too much for a set of turbos. Break it in like you stole it! At least you are in a good place.

BFT

Reaction score
putting it back to stock and spartan tunes?

this just sucks. the truck has been fine until now? i mustve changed tunes 5 times, not including returning it to stock and loading the x street. all that loaded fine last night and now it shows all lost communication codes on the IDS

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I bet it may be the xcal. Seems I have heard some rumbling from some people with it. That does suck, all done and ready and can't leave. You going to fix the manifold leak at home?

BFT

Reaction score
i thought about the spartan tuning last night, but i was tired and freezing my balls off. thought about the loose connections but i wouldve had those problems before i drove it around last night.

its just wierd that it starts and then shuts off. if the pcm was fried then the truck wouldnt even start. ill get back in a few if it works and even less if it doesnt

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
mine would start, run, and die. if you gave it throttle it would do a controlled miss(like every so often) and then die. PCM was fried.

i agree with you.. but thats what was up with mine. i swore up and down it was air in my system somehow. so i changed filters, bled the system, etc. wasnt it. new PCM, good to go.

Latest posts

Members online