SCT tune

GReeves

Reaction score
Hey guys taking my truck in on Monday to get del-eted. Went with the SCT X4 and FloPro exhaust. I was wondering if you guys know of anyone that can write a good factory tune that supports *** ******? I'm not trying to make crazy horsepower, i just want my engine to last. I have a 2015 with 20,212 miles and I'd like to keep this thing as long as possible. I know emissions equipment are the death of these new diesels but so are hot tunes...if no one can write such a tune, what setting do y'all recommend running my truck on to get maximum longevity out of this motor? Thanks for any tips!

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
What tunes came on your X4? Hot tunes are not the death of these trucks. A heavy foot and poor maintenance are what hurts. I have ran both of my 6.7's on the hottest tune possible with zero issue. Hot tune + easy foot = better fuel mileage

GReeves

Reaction score
Just the four standard tunes. Tow, street, economy, and performance. I was told by a master Ford tech that advancing the timing on the 6.7's causes a out-of-whack push-pull effect on the cylinders and connecting rods which can lead to premature catastrophic failure if a rod decides to break apart under the wrist pin like they most always do. I'm really quite happy with my stock fuel mileage, I'm only tuning because I have to in order to del-ete...I am averaging 16.2 driving back and forth to work so if I can run it on tow or street and maintain that I'd be happy. Just don't want to hurt my motor if you know what I mean

Gearhead

Reaction score
Just the four standard tunes. Tow, street, economy, and performance. I was told by a master Ford tech that advancing the timing on the 6.7's causes a out-of-whack push-pull effect on the cylinders and connecting rods which can lead to premature catastrophic failure if a rod decides to break apart under the wrist pin like they most always do. I'm really quite happy with my stock fuel mileage, I'm only tuning because I have to in order to del-ete...I am averaging 16.2 driving back and forth to work so if I can run it on tow or street and maintain that I'd be happy. Just don't want to hurt my motor if you know what I mean

out-of-whack push-pull? I'd like to see the engineering documentation that talks about this phenomenon...

sootie

Reaction score

"if a rod decides to break" you have a catastrophic failure regardless??!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

run from the idiot that told you that .

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Funny that he got that advice, while the diesel tech at my dealer told me that ******** was great for engine longevity.

Sent from the BTK Lair!

GReeves

Reaction score
I trust all you guys over just one mechanic... it was an ex-ford mechanic that opened his own shop...gonna ****** her anyway and just pray nothing breaks! Any of y'all run an aftermarket warranty? If so, who do y'all use or recommend?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I trust all you guys over just one mechanic... it was an ex-ford mechanic that opened his own shop...gonna ****** her anyway and just pray nothing breaks! Any of y'all run an aftermarket warranty? If so, who do y'all use or recommend?

give me a call when you're ready to rock .

bdm1981

Reaction score
Lol. I guess I should have lost some rods a long time ago cause I usually run on the higher tunes. I don't cut it much slack either. On a serious note I wouldnt worry about the engine as far as running hot tunes. It's the transmission that won't handle the abuse. Like was said earlier hot tune-light foot-good mileage.

Txfiremn

Reaction score
I run the can tunes from my SCT on street. I'm not de leted but I've had no problems at all.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Lol. I guess I should have lost some rods a long time ago cause I usually run on the higher tunes. I don't cut it much slack either. On a serious note I wouldnt worry about the engine as far as running hot tunes. It's the transmission that won't handle the abuse. Like was said earlier hot tune-light foot-good mileage.

What he said haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustATruck03

Reaction score
I was in the exact same situation as you are in. I currently am running IDP tunes only tried the tow. I am not concerned about mileage or power myself. I think it is fair to say everyone is different with what they like, this is why I am thinking of getting a tune from no limit and Midwest give them both a shot see how they run. It's only fair to compare. I'm I wrong on any of that guys?
PS I am satisfied with IDP, just curious as to what others have to offer for smaller custom tunes.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was in the exact same situation as you are in. I currently am running IDP tunes only tried the tow. I am not concerned about mileage or power myself. I think it is fair to say everyone is different with what they like, this is why I am thinking of getting a tune from no limit and Midwest give them both a shot see how they run. It's only fair to compare. I'm I wrong on any of that guys?
PS I am satisfied with IDP, just curious as to what others have to offer for smaller custom tunes.

gimme a call i'll make you a deal .

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the lowest setting on my tuner feels really, really close to stock! my milage plummets on the hottest tune.. and that is cruise set on 76 for a few hundred miles...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Brad2388

Reaction score
I run the can tunes from my SCT on street. I'm not de leted but I've had no problems at all.

What transmission tune do you run? Have you tried them all? When i run the tow transmission tune i get alot of slip.

Latest posts

Members online