SCT tuner no start

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I have an 03 excursion with a 6.0. A few years ago I bought an x3 with some custom tunes. When I uploaded the tunes the anti-theft light would come on and truck would not start. I tried different custom tunes with no change. I was frustrated so I put the tuner in the center console and forgot about it. Fast forward to today and I am looking in console for something and find my x3. Still the same result. Anyone have any idea why the x3 triggers the anti-theft when I load a tune?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I think there is a fix that involves disconnecting the batteries or soemthing after programming the truck. SCT can tell you exactly.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I haven't really touched it in over a year. I originally had Wildman tunes and then tried Matt's. I just found the tuner and figured I would give it another go.

CCRICE

Reaction score
I'd say update it first to see what happens then call sct.. They are going to ask you if you have the current updates most likely anyways so you might as well just rule that out from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2wd-fire

Reaction score
I had exact same problem when I tried to load custom tunes not for my truck. To come to think about it I bought it of a guy with an excursion. Did you get customs made for your ex

Nic

Reaction score
detune it and see if it will start. If not, then you VIN locked it. That shouldnt be the issue, but I didnt see if you got the truck started after a load

qcfarmer

Reaction score
When I load a tune (custom) and go to start the truck, the theft light stays on (solid) for about 40 seconds and the goes out. If I try to start the truck, nothing happens but the theft light blinks slowly. With the keys out, the theft light blinks slowly. As soon as I put the key in and turn it to on position, the light stays solid.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Just returned to stock and fires right up. Theft light blinking slowly when key is off and solid when WTS light is on then goes away and truck fires right up.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Did you call SCT? If the tunes were written for the same strategy as the truck programmed to stock the PATS should work just fine.

Latest posts

Members online