SCT tuning

Trevor Stricklin

Reaction score
Recently had my 2004 f250 programmed. It's studded and deleted.

I've been running the truck on the street pre-programmed tune from SCT, I'd like to bump it to the pre-programmed performance tune.

Any suggestions? I was told running it all the time on performance could become problematic, but keeping it on street would be fine. Look forward to your responses.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
All depends on how you drive and what you tow . If you tow light once in a while and the trucks a daily commuter load it up . Its got a light switch effect how the power comes on that gets old quick but its fun for a while . Getting a custom tune will be the best thing you can do for yourself though .

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Custom tune for sure. The "big" tune is not that big and won't hurt anything (unless your truck just doesn't like them. The shifting isn't all that great I should say). But you will get the most out of your truck with a tune written for the truck.

Last edited:

WichitaF250

Reaction score
Matt at gearhead is who I went with got 3 custom tunes for my truck was gonna try them all...but loaded the SRL and said that will do pig, that will do. I daily drive mine with zero issues, shifts better than stock and will actually get out of its own way from a dead stop now. Will never go back to a stock programmed truck.
Also Matt is a great guy awesome customer service ordered 1ish afternoon and received my email from him at 8ish at night. Can't beat customer service like that.

04 f350

Reaction score
If you want the best tuning for your truck go with Drew at Back Road Performance...I've used innovative, quick tricks, and gear head...BRP is hands down the best. Alot more affordable than the others as well.

xp1ik05

Reaction score
I've ran GEARHEAD and Innovative as well as a local shops tunes, it's hard to compare but after my turbo and injectors I got the best drivability and performance from IDP tunes. With stock turbo and injectors Matt's tune were a lot more friendly.

Latest posts

Members online