SCT Vs H&S Vs Spartan

RescueF250

Reaction score
Ok so overall ive read some of the mcc tuning, spartan tunes, and sct overall pros and cons to each one. I know the older version you can get the Offroad version to turn things off. Let's see a good discussion or add a thread link to this

uga33

Reaction score
I ran Spartan on my 6.4. It ran and shifted great. Daily drove the 275 HP tune and sled pulled and dragged the 310 HP. Can't beat the monitoring ability of the DashDaq.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I ran Spartan on my 6.4. It ran and shifted great. Daily drove the 275 HP tune and sled pulled and dragged the 310 HP. Can't beat the monitoring ability of the DashDaq.

agreed, but tuning has come along way. dd is by far the best monitoring, but for where everything is at now, i'd get a mini maxx and mcc tunes for the money. but then again i have a dd for monitoring and everything else for tuning.

3brorce

Reaction score
Find an HS and add MCC with a custom tune. I have had all 3. Tree'd

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
I have a minimax, I like the shift on the fly tuning, but I really do miss my SCT with edge insight CTS for monitoring. IMO I liked cts much more than the dd, but dd is still better than the minimax screen

3brorce

Reaction score
I thought I would like digital monitoring but I dont even use them. If I were to do it again I think I would go with pillar gauges. I miss the quad in the ole 6.0 really haha.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I like the cleanliness and shifting with my MCC and gearhead tunes over the Spartan I had in my 08. Power is about the same. Besides the ability to monitor more the tuning is way ahead. It seems as if Spartan has really fallen behind the game, the licensing and only them being able to tune with the DashDaq has set them back. I didnt think you could even get off road sct monitors anymore, and again, they are miles behind the minimaxx.

jwbeav

Reaction score
Aren't the tunes the same on the sct and mini maxx? What is the difference besides shift on the fly? Matt has told me tunes were the same.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Like everyone else had already said Spartan has a great monitor, yet the fact that no one can custom tune one kills it. If I had been more knowledgeable I would have went H&S for the MCC or SCT. Just so I could get better tunes. But since I didn't I have a DD and probably next summer will buy one of the others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3brorce

Reaction score
More tables within MCC software to manipulate than the SCT software.

jwbeav

Reaction score
So does that translate to better shifting? I don't know much about the mcc tuning but adjusting with the sct is pretty simple.

3brorce

Reaction score
I would say. Just like with EFI live has more tables than UDC thus meaning EFI Live>UDC. I would assume the same would go for MCC vs SCT.

3brorce

Reaction score
Eric said that he has more control for heavy mods with the SCT.. Maybe his SCT software is more in depth than most?

Dont know. All I know is that if something was missing in the HS software to better the tuning, that HS would get right on it to better their product. I dont know if the same could be said for others as I know many have had to wait sometime for new tables if they were needed.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Eric has told me he has more depth with SCT. more than most, and advised me to stay with SCT when I asked if he could tune for me on a mnimaxx. which he can.

my vote is innovative every time. I've ran everything but Spartan on my truck. KEM on SCT and H&S, H&S tunes, Gearhead and IDP. but that is just my opinion.

now if you can tune your own truck H&S and mcc is a no brainer. I'm just not that smart

3brorce

Reaction score
I know Eric and main man at SCT are childhood buddies or something like that so that is most likely true.