SCT X4 7015 locked?

Platinum15

Reaction score
Traded my truck in today and kept my tuner since the dealer is removing the ****** pipe anyway. My question is, the truck is still tuned so is the tuner any good? I know it's vin locked and would have to be unlocked but once it's unlocked are the tunes still on the programmer?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Traded my truck in today and kept my tuner since the dealer is removing the ****** pipe anyway. My question is, the truck is still tuned so is the tuner any good? I know it's vin locked and would have to be unlocked but once it's unlocked are the tunes still on the programmer?
if you return your truck to stock it unlocks it but i think it can only be done a certain amount of times..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Notneb

Reaction score
You have to set the truck it was locked to, to stock, otherwise the tuner is still locked to the truck. I'm not sure if you can unlock that tuner if it's locked to the truck you traded in. I would contact whomever tunes were on it, to see if they can reset your tuner.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
You will have to contact SCT directly to have them unlock it. It will likely be reverted to a street tuner with the pre-loaded tunes you had on it gone. At least this is what it used to be and it was like $150 to do it. Hope that helps.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You will have to contact SCT directly to have them unlock it. It will likely be reverted to a street tuner with the pre-loaded tunes you had on it gone. At least this is what it used to be and it was like $150 to do it. Hope that helps.

:whs:

SCT has to do it, and it costs $125 or $150 IIRC.

Your custom tunes will be gone as well. Even if you had them, they were built for the strategy of the current truck, so they would be useless on a new truck. You could contact your tuner and explain the situation. They may work with you on price of the new tunes. Every tuner is different there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.