SCT X4

uga33

Reaction score
Would like to know what all the X4 is capable of monitoring? Would also like to know how to monitor EGTs (if it can)? Will an exhaust temp sensor need to be used? Also, who is currently able to do tuning with this device? Thanks.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Would like to know what all the X4 is capable of monitoring? Would also like to know how to monitor EGTs (if it can)? Will an exhaust temp sensor need to be used? Also, who is currently able to do tuning with this device? Thanks.

Pretty much the only tune you will get are from me , rudys , or punch it. Yeah you can monitor but it sucks , not sure about egt as nobody has even bothered to use it for such things. On a 6.7 , egt's are pretty much never an issue unloaded in any tune.

uga33

Reaction score
Pretty much the only tune you will get are from me , rudys , or punch it. Yeah you can monitor but it sucks , not sure about egt as nobody has even bothered to use it for such things. On a 6.7 , egt's are pretty much never an issue unloaded in any tune.

Thanks Mike.

webb06

Reaction score
JMS Chip makes a 100% plug and play egt module for all SCT devices. I've installed quite a few. All you'd need to do on a 6.7 is use the egr block off plate on the exhaust manifold as a reference point for exhaust temp.

Not sure on how well the x4 will monitor other PIDS though

PDT1081

Reaction score

For a monitor, buy a cheap Droid (old phone, inexpensive tablet), buy a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter, and torque app. Monitor pretty much every PID you need for less than $50 (depending on the droid you use).

Latest posts

Members online