SD UVCH

m j

Reaction score
not the same wiring order, similar idea though
the outer 4 are glowplugs
does IDM ground the injectors or send power?
whatever it is, the center is the Common and the 4 remaining are the individual injectors
so the conversion has an extra wire that if you chase it doen the harness is spliced between the bank plugs, I just cut it out.

I will say I definitely had an issue in the valve cover harness, and I think it killed this motor.
I think 5&7 were cross talking

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't use butt connectors.
I hate those things with a passion.

Solder only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing wrong using a butt connector. You have to know how to make the crimp properly. I would not use an isulated generic connector. I have used plenty of non-insuated butt connectors sleeved with shrink tubing. After you crimp, to have to do the pull test.

Billy T.
[email protected]

needen$77

Reaction score
Damn it...sorry im fixing to need to both sides and im hoping i an get a link to the promise land ( i will solder)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

JCart

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong using a butt connector. You have to know how to make the crimp properly. I would not use an isulated generic connector. I have used plenty of non-insuated butt connectors sleeved with shrink tubing. After you crimp, to have to do the pull test.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Right on point Billy, this is exactly what I do. I rarely use the insulated ones, typically I will apply dielectric grease to wire, slip in non insulated butt connector crimp then shrink quality tube over the connection.

My experiences with solder is not as good as I find the need to have a spotless connection area grease free, which might be a bit of a challenge under the hood, guess I could pull out the entire harness though.

jrc

glovemeister

Reaction score
Why not use a butt connector that combines crimping, soldering with view window, and adhesive heat shrink all in one?
Such as NSAP versions?

gnxtc2

Reaction score
On another note, I'm looking into making an adapter harness that plugs into the stock plug then into a SD VC plug (play and play). I have re-pinned the stock harness when it burnt, I have the pins that go into the plug. The pins are a Delphi's. I started to reverse search the connector but got side tracked....too many projects going on.

Billy T.
[email protected]

79jasper

Reaction score
OBS harness plugs-adapter-sd uvch
I believe is what he means.

I mean may be useful for some, but most that are doing the SD UVCH need new pigtails anyways.
Definitely look cleaner.

glovemeister

Reaction score
OBS harness plugs-adapter-sd uvch
I believe is what he means.

I mean may be useful for some, but most that are doing the SD UVCH need new pigtails anyways.
Definitely look cleaner.

I took it to mean remove the connector shell on factory OBS wiring and utilize a 8 or 9 way weather pack, with the opposite side on the SD vc harness. Seems like it would be a good idea.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I found my notes on making an adapter harness to plug into the stock harness then into SD VC. Yes, I thought about removing connector bodies and installing the SD connector body. My concern is the front plugs/wires reaching the center of the valve cover without splicing/cutting. I want to make the adapter harness to be plug and play.

The replacement terminal for the harness is International 1667742C1 (female) which looks like a Metri-Pack 150 terminal. I have to confirm that the harness terminals are in fact Metri-Pack 150. I know I have some of the International terminals lying around. I have to see if I have any Metri-Pack 150 terminals around.

pages 66-67
http://delphi.com/connectors/assets/product_brochure/met150.pdf

The problem I see with the stock harness, is the outer terminals are always burning up. The outer terminal are for the GPs. There has to be a reason why they are burning up. Correct me if I am wrong, the SD harness has a heavier gauge wire for the GPs vs the OBS harness. Why is the SD VC superior to the OBS one?

This project went on the back burner at the time as I am getting my race car ready for the upcoming season. Plus, I am working on getting my truck live tuned.

Billy T.
[email protected]

79jasper

Reaction score
Well turns out my harnesses are fine, and my glowplugs were bad.
Literally all but one were dead. And the one that read was 1.5 ohms.
I noticed my Injector clips weren't all the same. 6 of 8 had the plastic clips. These two had the metal clip thing.

Attachments

• 20151030_182834.jpg
    20151030_182834.jpg
    909.9 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
The plastic clips are the early style of UVCH. They also had little seals on the injector connections. The newer ones use the "bail wire" clips with no seals which aren't needed (and won't fit anyway). Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online