Sealer on fuel line fittings

Big Bore

Reaction score
I have a custom milled billet fuel distribution manifold I'm using for a fuel bowl delete that is tapped for IP thread. I'm planning to use Rectorseal gas pipe sealer for the threads. I used it before on my other motor with no noticeable side affects. Any better options or reasons why I shouldn't use Rectorseal?

Tom S

Reaction score
I also use Rectorseal the kind that is yellow and fuel rated. I like that a ton better then teflon tape which turns gooey in time.

Austin

Reaction score
Rectorseal is good, the only thing I have ever found that I liked more is the "heavy weight" it's got a boxing glove on it. I haven't been able to find it for a few years now though.

Marty

Reaction score
Why not use a JIC block and forget any sealing issues since the flare takes care of all?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Why not use a JIC block and forget any sealing issues since the flare takes care of all?

Thats the way the block came when I bought it. My fittings are IP to JIC. Once the fittings are installed where I want them, they will stay there and only the lines will be removed if needed.

Bruno2

Reaction score
I would use loctite 545. Ask any boilermaker what the best sealant for high pressure or hydraulic lines is and thats what they will tell you.