Seeking PTM headlight ideas for a white truck

MorganM

Reaction score
I'm talking with JD about doing my headlights and looking for ideas- The goal is a subtle OEM look that diminishes the chrome. Below are the trucks I've found- looking for ideas and other pictures to guide my decision- thanks in advance!

13_white_headlights_3.jpg

IconCoiloverKit001.jpg

attachment.jpg

4age4u5e.jpg

6umu3a7y.jpg

edena4y2.jpg

I like the first example the most. I like the second example as well, but it's alot of black. I'm thinking a white surround, chrome bucket, and potentially a black outline around the buckets or a slight tint to the whole lens...definitely just tinting the side reflector.

Here's my truck;

9046771132_8cbd2ae46f.jpg

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I like the all white, but with a black accent... maybe around the slim flat part of the light around the chrome reflective part just to break up all the white. The all white is just a little much.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Something about these trucks in white the PTM headlights just don't look right on them IMO. I have been trying to figure something out for my truck as well except I also have the KR 2 tone to deal with. Hopefully you come up with something good

zporta

Reaction score
I think all white with black buckets and tinted reflector would look nice

JrStroker

Reaction score
I've never really liked the white headlights on white trucks. White pops too much and it seems off to me. I like the 2nd photo. Black headlights add to the black touch on the rest of the truck nicely while a white bumper would and grille outline adds the white touch.

Last edited:

Dalton_H

Reaction score
I like the black painted headlights with white reflectors, but keep both buckets chrome rather than painting the top bucket. Tuxedo black housing with tri coat white reflectors would look sexy.

MorganM

Reaction score
Appreciate all the feedback! It's hard to make the white look good, but it just looks too plain without doing something. Trying to find some stock lights locally...

TripleE44

Reaction score
I think with the look of your truck the first looks the best. All black just won't fit and keep up the clean look.

Is there any way you could give the chrome a brushed or a frosted type of look? Like could you shoot it with a matte clear? You could even continue that onto the grille. Maybe that would tone down the chrome enough and just smoke the reflector while it's apart.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
The only thing to me is that if you run smoked tail lights I feel like white headlights doesn't match... Maybe I'm weird but it's just my thought process

MorganM

Reaction score
I think with the look of your truck the first looks the best. All black just won't fit and keep up the clean look.

Is there any way you could give the chrome a brushed or a frosted type of look? Like could you shoot it with a matte clear? You could even continue that onto the grille. Maybe that would tone down the chrome enough and just smoke the reflector while it's apart.

Thanks- this is exactly what I was looking for! I wonder if a matte clear in the bucket would impact the light output? Anyone tried this?

I know Mikes buckets had a pearl airbrushed into them- are you broadcasting rainbow beams everywhere you go at night?

JrStroker

Reaction score
My top bucket is a matte black and the light output sucks. Wish I woulda put some kind of clear on it to help improve the reflective property. But I'm gonna try to get an LED that is bright and see if it helps.

Latest posts

Members online