seriously 450HP thats it?

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Ok so after doing as much as i can as far as building the truck at this point i thought the truck would be bit higher in the HP range then it is. And a good bit faster for sure. You can see what all ive done to the truck in my sig. Im wondering if anybody thinks a different tune could get my numbers up without loosing drivability? I know i really need a turbo but dont have the money for one right now. But still the truck only did a best of 9.18 1/8th mile. Now it was my first time ever at the track but still i thought the truck should have gone faster. Ive read guys running stock injectors with everything else the same as mine going a lot faster then me. So i was thinking of doing a different tune for the sct and then maybe a FICM tune as well. At this point im just wanting to squeeze as much as i can from what i have. Any suggestions welcome.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but what were you expecting? A good tune can get you close to 420 and you put in some injectors that are not known for adding gobs of horsepower. That number isn't too bad considering what you have done to the truck.

Mattmann

Reaction score
I agree that sucks man.... I figure just by looking he'd be at 480 ish..... Seems like I remember seeing someone running stock sticks and what not with a barder stage 2 and was at like 485 on the dyno and I think the dyno ran out..... But I am new to all this so no flamming please lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jdc753

Reaction score
9.18 ET but what does the rest of the slip say, what was your 60' time? can cut lots of time out of the ET by getting a good 60'. Also what is your trap speed and weight to get a good idea of what power the truck is putting down.

loboost

Reaction score
1- youre running 35s

2- IMO with 155s you're basically running a stock injector that dumps a little quicker...

3- other than a tune, that's basically all you're doing for HP mods, according to your sig

IMO , for you'd mods you're Not doing bad. I'd try a race file if numbers are what you're after. I've never used RCD tunes

Last edited:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yup!! Not bad at all for what you have IMO. Could probably stand to have some more air.

wiseguy

Reaction score
yep same boat my old truck vs my new truck. both 05's f250's stock rebuild
Old truck with 80k on it 4" and canned sct tune 404rwhp
new truck basically identical same wheels tires gears trans ect.. except crew cab I added sump fass pump return 190/75 non vgt put down whopping 499rwhp.
I thought full fuel system and turbo would of made at least 100 hp:shrug:

loboost

Reaction score
yep same boat my old truck vs my new truck. both 05's f250's stock rebuild
Old truck with 80k on it 4" and canned sct tune 404rwhp
new truck basically identical same wheels tires gears trans ect.. except crew cab I added sump fass pump return 190/75 non vgt put down whopping 499rwhp.
I thought full fuel system and turbo would of made at least 100 hp:shrug:

It may very well have made 100hp difference...

Were the conditions the same on the dyno runs for both trucks? As far as the ambient temp and all go?

wiseguy

Reaction score
It may very well have made 100hp difference...

Were the conditions the same on the dyno runs for both trucks? As far as the ambient temp and all go?

Could not of matched them more perfect
I built both trucks same parts list in both trucks one has 5k on build and 1 has about 80k old I thought 404 was about right or little high. I guess I just read to much thought 190's would of done a little more at least broke 500

loboost

Reaction score
Could not of matched them more perfect
I built both trucks same parts list in both trucks one has 5k on build and 1 has about 80k old I thought 404 was about right or little high. I guess I just read to much thought 190's would of done a little more at least broke 500

I should've worded that better Lol...was the weather and all those variables almost the same each time you dyno'd each truck?

1fastTRX

Reaction score
My truck did 485hp on stock injectors, but I take those numbers with a grain of salt. I havent run the truck down the track yet to see if the dyno numbers hold up though. Try different tuning. Did your current tune have any torque converter lockup in lower gears? Race file? Street file? Giving us more info about the track will tell more of the story. What was your 60 ft time? Mph? Also keep in mind that different dynos will produce different results. I run 35" tires, but mine are only 12.5" wide vs your 13.5" wide.

3brorce

Reaction score
Trap speed is more important than ET. Like said, not sure what you were expecting out of a pretty much stock truck on 35s.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
My truck laid down 460rwhp and 911tq on a Dynojet with 155/stock injectors, exhaust, and the super panty dropper tune. The truck has 35's also. It backed it up several times running 8.60-8.63 very consistent 1/8th mile times. I think your problem is you need a different tune. Heck I ran a 8.95 when the truck had just an SCT with the regular looney tune and exhaust! The truck had 35's on it back then too and stock head bolts. FWIW it weighs 7820lbs.

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Trap speed is more important than ET. Like said, not sure what you were expecting out of a pretty much stock truck on 35s.

My truck laid down 460rwhp and 911tq on a Dynojet with 155/stock injectors, exhaust, and the super panty dropper tune. The truck has 35's also. It backed it up several times running 8.60-8.63 very consistent 1/8th mile times. I think your problem is you need a different tune. Heck I ran a 8.95 when the truck had just an SCT with the regular looney tune and exhaust! The truck had 35's on it back then too and stock head bolts. FWIW it weighs 7820lbs.

I was expecting something along these lines. Yes I know I dont have a lot of mods but seriously it should be a good bit faster I would think. Dirty, what kind of boost are you launching at? I have been going at about 5-7 psi.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
With the stock turbo I was launching at 16-18psi of boost in 4hi. Basically as much boost as I could before it tried to push through the brakes. It was doing 1.76-1.79 60' times leaving at that boost. I know it was rough on the trans but it held in there a very long time taking that kind of abuse. Are you holding the brakes and rolling into the throttle slowly to build your boost or holding it wide open? I've found it does better easing into the throttle and holding it say half throttle and then stab it when it turns green.

Latest posts