Seriously leaf springs?!

Notneb

Reaction score
So anyone else have an issue with the rear leaf springs bolts? This isn't even the "omg the fuel tank is in the way" issue, this is: "my 800ftlbs impact wrench won't move it" and it takes a 4 foot breaker bar barely moves it with me damn near giving birth... I PB blasted it last night, and going to put the torch to it today... but seriously Ford? This is a brand new truck, not a 200k mile rust bucket...

Jomax

Reaction score
Use a small propane torch, it's a special green loctite. Heat it up and it comes right off.

Ford did it right, they didn't want it coming off... it's funny how easy it comes off after some heat to melt the loctite.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Mine came right off with my cordless 1/2 drive Milwaukee impact. I didn't know there was an issue with them not coming off? I've taken them off two brand new 15 f350s now without an issue. One was a dually also if that matters

Jomax

Reaction score
Didn't know that thanks........

I struggled like the OP when I installed my Deaver springs pnly reason i know what hes going through lol.. Biggest 3/4 impact wouldn't loosen it. Grabbed my Mapp gas hand torch, heated it up a bit and it came right off.

Jomax

Reaction score
Mine came right off with my cordless 1/2 drive Milwaukee impact. I didn't know there was an issue with them not coming off? I've taken them off two brand new 15 f350s now without an issue. One was a dually also if that matters

Must be some have more loctite then others. I have a 20v Dewalt 1/2in (comparable to yours) and it wouldn't budge. A 3/4in impact with plenty air didn't budge it.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Must be some have more loctite then others. I have a 20v Dewalt 1/2in (comparable to yours) and it wouldn't budge. A 3/4in impact with plenty air didn't budge it.

That's wild that a 3/4 didn't even budge it. On both trucks I did, it hit for just a second and then came right off. Good to know though!

jcain

Reaction score
I loosened them with a 1/4" hand ratchet with one hand and sipped tea concurrently with the other.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had a brake caliper fail on a 6.7 dually at work with less than 20k miles on it, when I went to remove caliper bolts, I found out ford really likes to use loc tite now a days. My Ingersoll rand titanium 1/2" impact wouldn't break em loose. Had to use a long breaker bar with a cheater pipe to break em loose. Probably the same bastard who did the o.p.'s spring bolts lol

Randy_270

Reaction score
I had some issue with my leaf spring bolts, the one on the drivers side was a pain due to the fuel tank but the passenger side wasn't to bad. My truck is a 2011 and also has over 90k, but my dad and I with a 16" and a 24" breaker bar, and a torch, got it done.

Latest posts

Members online