Serpentine belt replacement

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
It's squealing and I have too many miles ahead of me to chance it. Started squealing after I rinsed it cold with a hose to clean it before fuel fest. Now it chirps and belt dressing doesn't help. Bought a new belt, just need tips and tricks to make it happen. Seems very hard with all the shrouds. You tube was not that helpful but I only have my phone to look on right now.

Thanks in advance!!

wiseguy

Reaction score
just below the alt on passenger side grab the belt pull it toward you with your other hand engage kick stand on auto tensioner. Now with long pick slip belt off the pulleys slide the belt out. it is a total PITA but can be done in under 10 minutes

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I looked again and it doesn't actually need to go around the fan. Seems much more doable than when the sun was throwing crazy shadows that made it seem far far worse.

ghohouston

Reaction score
The belts really arent hard to do. Also, the shroud is only 4 15mm bolts and it comes out easily too, then you have all that room to work with.

oilburner

Reaction score
I really wish I had learned the "grab the damn belt and just pull up on it" trick before I had to change mine. I have since been able to use the trick on the four times I've had to swap alternators. Hopefully I won't have use again for awhile.

Latest posts

Members online