setting airdog pressure

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
im deleteing the fuel bowl with the EDE kit and plumbing a guage into the areomotive regulator to set at 10psi for the return. now my question is where do i plumb a guage in on the airdog2? set that at 15 psi so everything jives correct?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
On the airdog itself there is a port that is blocked off. Take out blockoff plug and screw in the gauge. Start the truck up and adjust to 15psi.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
All you need is a fuel pressure gauge. I know that most of the local auto stores carry some different setups. I just used a pressure gauge to set mine to 15 and then put the blockoff plug back in the airdog.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I don't remember what the threads are exactly sorry bud. It is the only port on the airdog that has a plug in on the base. That gauge should work just fine as well.

Kind

Reaction score
3-7 is fine. I've read anymore pressure and it can overwhelm the cascade valve, cause the fca to malfunction and over pressurize the system... Pushing fuel past seals and sending more fuel to your injectors then what the gauge says.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

White_monster

Reaction score
10psi at the regulator in the engine bay is where you set it. Airdog set to 15psi. Factory fuel bowl has a preset regulator at 3psi. Increasing low pressure fuel will just keep the hpfp inlet flooded with fuel but you won't get more fuel to the injectors. Setting the low pressure fuel system to have more pressure keeps the hpfp from going into a vacuum state, hpfp doesn't like that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.