SEVER FUEL LEAK (Stuck in Mississippi)

Michael10

Reaction score
Im on my way from TX to NC just stopped and got fuel at a loves truck stop. I got back on the road and realized how my fuel mileage has decreased looked in my mirrors and see what i think is smoke, so i get out to take a look and fuel is pouring onto the ground. I know its after the injectors because it still runs fine i think its my return line.

P.S
Im in meridian with my wife and 10 month old son staying at a hotel until morning. So any ideas on where the leak might be would be great. THANKS

Arisley

Reaction score
Best advice, crawl under the truck, have the wife turn the key on and watch.

Wear glasses. Good luck, get a good nights sleep and worry about it in the morning.

Give me a shout in the morning if you need help. PM on the way to you.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Im not much of a mechanic but if you need any help shoot me a PM.

Im just outside of Memphis about 230 miles north of you, if you need a tow, someplace to stay, etc.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Best advice, crawl under the truck, have the wife turn the key on and watch.

Wear glasses. Good luck, get a good nights sleep and worry about it in the morning.

Give me a shout in the morning if you need help. PM on the way to you.

this. either the rear fuel plug or fuel line to the heads. or back of the fuel filter bowl.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
there is a 1\8 " line on right head that runs from the back fwd it sometime gets rubbed through from the clamp

X's 2 this sounds like the likeliest of issues.

Look down in the valley passenger's side near the pedestal, the fuel line is clamped to the intake plenum and will wear through.

PassegerSideFuelP-clamp_zpsbd0f4ffb.jpg

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
If it's smoking I think its the passenger line, either a hole from the clip or the rear fitting. Either way I am guessing its hitting the turbo and smoking.

Arisley

Reaction score
If it is that line, good temp fix:

1. Cut the line in two at the hole.
2. Get a piece of 1/4" fuel line and two clamps.
3. Put the hose and clamps over the line. Leave the hold down clamp off.

When you get home and have time, you can either replace the hose or put a 1/4" compression clamp from Home Depot in place of the rubber hose. If you use the compression clamp, make sure you also use yellow teflon tape.

Michael10

Reaction score
Thanks for there help. Luckly it was the line and there is a local shop here that has one and we will be back in the road around 11. Hes on charging me parts. Good shop to have around.

Latest posts

Members online