• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Shaft play?

Baker42

Reaction score
I just got my new S364.5. I sent the 369 back because I think it would have been slow to spool at my altitude. I notice this turbo has some side to side play. Maybe .020". No in and out tho, is that normal for borgs?

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Yeah borgs have some play side to side , once oil is running through the turbo it takes the play out of it. Borgs fail usually because of the thrust bearing and you will have a large amount of in and out play.

Baker42

Reaction score
Yeah borgs have some play side to side , once oil is running through the turbo it takes the play out of it. Borgs fail usually because of the thrust bearing and you will have a large amount of in and out play.
Cool thank you sir.I feel better now. Any idea how long the thrust bearings generally hold up?

Baker42

Reaction score
95 7.3. 228000 on the clock. Adrenaline HPOP, 6637 intake, diamondeye 4" exhaust, southbend clutch rated for 950 torque, Irate T4 mount, Supposedly stage 1's. I think the previous owner BS'd me. Most likely stock. S364.5 SXE, Super duty intercooler (7.3 aluminum), Irate OBS e-fuel with Walbro gsl 392, DP tuner soon to be Hydra tuned by ********. Guages and more junk I'm sure I left out. Plan going forward is Crower springs, ARP's, Smith Bros, and 238/80's or 230/80's or 200/30's. Not sure what sticks yet as this truck works and pulls heavy, but these "stage 1's" are coming out. All mods done by me except the "stage 1's".

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid set up. Right now that turbo will be very reliable because it's not getting pushed hard. I think with that added fuel it will put a little stress on the turbo and take some life out of it. All depends on driving style, if your hard on it with the bigger injectors probably make it 25,000-50,000 miles before it will need new thrust bearings. If your easy and don't push the turbo to hard you can see long life out of it. just depends how much time it spends at 40+ psi of boost that's where they get unhappy and damages the thrust bearing.

Baker42

Reaction score
Good to know Cody. I 'm thankful for the feed back. I'm shooting in the dark here, but what came stock on a truck 21 years ago is obviously not ideal. Just doing all the supporting mods before I go all out. And all out is a long way off, this pickup still has money to earn. But honestly, my buddy has some stage 1's and this truck is not close. He has a dom 66, no intercooler, and stock HPOP and fuel. I,m going to put new sticks in for peace of mind more than anything. There is no way this truck has "stage 1's". I bought the truck 10 years ago with 48,000 so Its been a great truck. Gonna buy a spread of land real soon so a new rig is on hold.

Latest posts