Shifted axle after lift?

strokefreak

Reaction score
Specs. 2014 F250. Installed a 2.5" coil spacer on top,4" Pro Comp blocks in rear. I have the PMF track bar and Flight Fab traction bars ordered also. Should be here in a couple of days.
Heres my question....
It appears my rear axle is shifted to the right of the truck. I checked springs,u-bolts,blocks visually. I used a tape measure to check the straightness of the axle. All good. To be sure, took it to a spring shop and had the look also. Using the tape he came up with same results. Nothing is loose, tires have the same distance from front and rear of wheel well on both sides.
It just seems to be shifted right...what am i missing? Pics are not the best so ill try to give a visual.. drivers side, the outside shoulder lugs are almost under the edge of the fender. Pass side the full outside shoulder lug is exsposed.
9upyha9u.jpg

Reaction score
Trac bar helps front right? Not the rear?

Theres a little bit of confusion here.

Front Trac Bar will adjust the axle left to right.

Rear Traction bars, help traction, axle wrap etc. Sometimes people call these tracbars too though.

They are two totally different items though.

Reaction score
No, the front "Trac Bar" or Pan Hard Bar will adjust the front axle left to right.

Traction bars are for the rear, the rear axle can not shift right to left.

strokefreak

Reaction score
All the wheels are the same offset/backspace.
Its weird as it seems to be offset as much as the front is without an adjustable track bar. But in the opposite direction.

carcare

Reaction score
Just off a little bit. Those rears r strong. As long as u put the blocks in correctly it's got to be something else. Make sure ur pins r seated to the rear and leaf pak. Take some measurements of bed to body. Unless this truck has been through some trauma go bak over it and double check everything. These trucks bind a bit depending on how u dropped the rear for the block install. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jordan572

Reaction score
Like people said, check out how the box is sitting on the chassis. Make sure the box rail caps line up with the cab corners. There may be perhaps a little play if you loosen the box bolts up to slide it back to the other side a bit. I'm assuming this truck is very or relatively new. The truck hasn't had any of the box sides replaced? Pretty much the obvious stuff to check out, o and if you decide to try to slide the box over don't dent it pushing on the box side :doh:. Kids at the car wash were trying to push my dads truck into the track and dented the box side all up. Luckily PDR guys took care of it.

Latest posts

Members online