Shocks advice

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Did a bunch of research and still can't find a definitive answer.

What are you guys running for shocks specifically on stock height or slightly lowered trucks for the strip ?

Looking for something a little better then napa standards to help 60' times

Truck is an 02 reg cab and is currently under the knife to get an 05 front end with coils.

I don't care about towing, truck is a weekend cruiser and Friday night strip toy.

Rancho xl9000 was my choice for adjustability but have herd quality is questionable.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Had bilstiens, or how ever you spell it, didn't like them. THey rode stiff.

Had Fox factory replacements on my 08 and they improved handling/feel.

I'll be getting some pure performance from OBSWIZ . The PP can be custom valved, as can Fox and ICON. My issue w/ icon is when I tried to get info on a stock replacement they were rude on the phone half the time I called w/ questions. The other times I had to get part #'s from an outside source since icon didn't know the part #'s to begin w/.

They told me they don't have a factory replacement but I gave them a part # to confirm what I found and they were like "Oh, I guess we do. We didn't know that." Sometimes I spoke to guys other times it was women. No single individual but either way IMHO their customer service sucked.

I've called both Fox and PP and both places were pretty professional and helped answer all of my questions.

Either call Fox, tell them what you want and have the custom valve the factory shock OR they can even make the factory replacement adjustable OR call OBSWIZ or PP, tell him what you want and OBSWIZ can order them. PP doesn't sell direct IIRC but OBS is a vendor for them.

Good luck.

swinky

Reaction score
Did a bunch of research and still can't find a definitive answer.

What are you guys running for shocks specifically on stock height or slightly lowered trucks for the strip ?

Looking for something a little better then napa standards to help 60' times

Truck is an 02 reg cab and is currently under the knife to get an 05 front end with coils.

I don't care about towing, truck is a weekend cruiser and Friday night strip toy.

Rancho xl9000 was my choice for adjustability but have herd quality is questionable.

Mpd liked the adjustable ranchos on whitey. They cut great 60" times with them cranked all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
pure perfirmance through obswiz is what im doing can be custom valved, made for wintery areas. awesome customer service. but my trucks not a trag truck shes a cruisin queen. but id still call pure performance.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Mpd liked the adjustable ranchos on whitey. They cut great 60" times with them cranked all the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

I've read a few posts with that. Even other guys.
But then for every 1 good I find 2 bad :s

I like the custom valving options. But. That sounds $$$. Not to sound cheap. But. 100-125 a corner is probably gonna be my budget this go around. For a truck that maybe sees 5k a year now. I can't justify 700-1000$ on just shocks.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Look into fully adjustable from someone like QA1 or chassis works, both have 18 compression and 18 rebound adjustments. Once dialed you have track settings and street settings. I believe PMF is a QA1 dealer. They are pricey but worth it for maximum adjustability. And being fully rebuilbable is nice to.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Look at the custom mount shocks on their site. They have a lot of options and with as low as your truck sits, they should be long enough. The street stars are the double adjustable ones. You could even go one level further and add coilovers in the front when you do the conversion.

m j

Reaction score
just for the track?
2.0 is pretty small for that weight
did you look at FOA? less bling but the guts are there
I have fox 2.0 coilovers on the rear of my Jeep and 2.5 FOA coilovers on the front
both of those are a fully rebuildable, revalveable good shock option.
you are mechanically inclined so buying a throwaway Rancho or ?? doesnt make sense.

AFCO makes some gorgeous coilovers and shocks if you are staying street strip and want bling

FOA are ugly and inexpensive but do everything you can imagine

Latest posts

Members online