Shop owners Bulletproof warranty?

Reaction score
All very valid points and I agree that it's really hard to determine that and no motor is bulletproofed(just what everyone calls it or ford oem solution kit). My thing is that I thought I saw issues and questioned them and got the answer things looked ok probably air pocket no big deal or get it in asap. Yes my fan went out and I parked it and until I then got what I needed to fix it. Integrity is something that has been instilled in me and I told them about the fan but didn't have too. But yet now that's the problem at hand that caused this after a month of it spitting coolant? I'm not trying to screw anyone the same as I don't want to be screwed but when I let them know that I have concerns and withing 2 months my truck is down and now I have no warranty what so ever and they will charge me no matter what it is Bc they assume it was Bc of the fan going out.

I can tell you exactly what happened. You had cracked heads. Before they ever did the gaskets. There's no way they did anymore that brake clean and sand the bottom of the heads in the time frame you've given.

Also, air pockets don't exist in a professional shop that refills coolant systems the right way via a vacuum system... Leaves no questions

That's the whole point of the degas bottle anyway, to get the fluid level above any air pockets and push them out. Drive until the hit operating temp then top off.

How they get to $3500 is this: http://dalessuperstore.com/i-8406294-sinister-mkm-6-0-cs-complete-solution-w-sinister-egr-******-kit-oil-cooler-and-arp-head-studs-ford-6-0l-powerstroke-03-07.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwsr-6BRCLvrj785rbhTsSJADjUxakZem9ZZ6pP2jr6SedyR3M9DbA5A_4mgP2UYuDyGQfexoCCBjw_wcB

Then throw $2000 on for labor and you've got a "bulletproof" 6.0!!!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I wouldn't judge off time frame though. My machine shop had me a set of heads back next day. In a pinch if I call ahead and tell them either build me a set to exchange or clear your schedule they'll do it ad have a 8 hour turn around

Atsah

Reaction score
Let me put this out there, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BULLET PROOFING A 6.0 or any engine for that matter, dumbest thing ever to keep getting regurgitated. Any shop that makes money using that term is ripping people off both in trust and money. Can a lot of the inherent problems be fixed? sure they can BUT that does not make one bullet proof Nor does it keep a 6.0 from having other problems that will cause a failure much less a head gasket failure. Duramax and 03-07 5.9 Cummins use the same style gasket and have no problems, 6.7 Cummins uses the same style gasket BUT is now the new 6.7 leaker. Do Cummins guys ask to be bullet proofed? of course not, sounds too dumb a term to use.

Now For arguments sake, lets look at this from both sides of the table. Customer already feels ripped off for buying a 6.0 AND then has to spend 6k or more to fix it, ya you read that right 6k, if you spent a lot less then you definitely got ripped off by an inexperienced shop. It takes TIME and money in parts to correct the problems. From a customer’s point of view they obviously are looking at it from the money perspective, from a shops point of view it has to be done right to not come back but how do you control what the customer does after they pick it up, ie: big tune and foot to the floor everywhere they go and then tow a heavy trailer but hey I have a warranty :rolleyes:, fan goes out but keeps on driving it because they can’t afford to replace it, Head has an internal crack after the fact from the extra torque and heat cycling, now who’s fault is that ? The shop that did the work, the machine shop that did the heads, International for making a cheap casting???? But hey it’s Bullet proofed so shop should eat it right, no I don’t think so. Seems the mentality of the average 6.0 owner is that of entitlement and not willing to except responsibly for a bad choice in a truck purchase.

Sounds about right..

DieselMater86

Reaction score
Almost sounds like the same shop did mine and now the 2nd shop is fixing everything it's cost me 4k and I supplied all parts. Do your research and do some more then make your decision.

78f100

Reaction score
So glad I'm not the only one here with $6k and up estimates. We've done everything we could do to keep the job down besides use chea parts. We now have 3 estimates. One for JUST headgaskets, another add oil cooler, and another add oil and egr cooler.

When people call in and ask for a quote, we now have a weapon to combat the fly by night Flatbill shops... Even at that, by using factory parts, we still can't get as low as the $3500 I hear about all the time. The absolute lowest we can go is $4700ish and that's if the heads aren't cracked, no egr/oil cooler...

Me too, I read all the time where people get the head gaskets done for 4k and under. Nearly all my head gasket jobs are 6k+. But we do egr, oil cooler, heads, studs, coolant filter, and factory gaskets or we don't do it at all. I usually have the truck for 1-2 weeks from the time we're ready for it, but usually there is a couple week wait before we can start on it. I would be doing the job for free at 4k.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
And now I have a guy wanting to only do the side that's bad.... LOL

diezelfreak

Reaction score
4K I had a shop quote me that in labor the parts were around 2 something. I thought that's crazy for just labor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselMater86

Reaction score
4k was labor ,sct for rebated price , machine work that was never done .
if it sounds to good to be true it is there are almost a half a dozen ppl fixing to take said shop to court. The truck is in a lot better shop and they gave me a deal after being shafted by said shop. Plus helping me a lot of the parts he stole off my truck and put on his gf truck.

Latest posts

Members online