Should I put pushrods in it?

03cody

Reaction score
OK so, I am getting ready to stud my truck...while its apart, should I put new pushrods in it?

If so, would lifters and rocker arms also be a good idea?

This is by no means a race truck lol. I just want to know that while i'm in there, i am taking all the neccessary steps to making sure I don't have any problems later on down the road.

Thanks!

webb06

Reaction score
OK so, I am getting ready to stud my truck...while its apart, should I put new pushrods in it?

If so, would lifters and rocker arms also be a good idea?

This is by no means a race truck lol. I just want to know that while i'm in there, i am taking all the neccessary steps to making sure I don't have any problems later on down the road.

Thanks!

If you aren't going to be doing any crazy aftermarket fueling or turbos then stock is fine. To replace lifters the engine or trans will have to be pulled to get the rear cover off and branch tubes out. Rocker arms will be fine too.

03cody

Reaction score
Ok. I do have some 185/70 injectors going in and I'm planning on a barder in the future.

I'm assuming I'll still be okay. I didn't know that replacing the lifters was that involved lol. Forget that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Ok. I do have some 185/70 injectors going in and I'm planning on a barder in the future.

I'm assuming I'll still be okay. I didn't know that replacing the lifters was that involved lol. Forget that

Stock will still be okay. Ya most people don't

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
To give you an idea, since you did not list mileage. But lifter failure for me falls into play anywhere between 170k and up. I've had some lifter failure as low as 50k,and some as high as 220. Fill in the blanks and see where you fall.

03cody

Reaction score
Welllllllll. My truck currently has 160,000 on it. I bought it with 82,000 and it's had a pretty easy life since I've owned it

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If you intend on keeping it, and not lifting heads again, do the lifters... In the long run it'll save you an engine

04cr450

Reaction score
not sure if they are called "updated" but they are shorter than the factory rods that came in the motor- their 6.4/6.0 rods(ford oem).. i guess they put less stress on the rockers. since they were so cheap i replaced mine when i did my build... wish i could have done rockers too but they were on national back order for 3 months or so.. couldn't wait for that lol

03cody

Reaction score
I am doing the work myself but I am not sure if I can afford the downtime of replacing the lifters...I think pushrods will be a wise investment, and I haven't even checked to see if rockers are available.

Guess I have some searching to do on that lol!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I've never changed a rocker in a 6.0... Only time is when a valve seat was seizing and took out the rocker.

03cody

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the input guys. I'm just trying to make sure that I have all my ducks in a row for this stud job

Latest posts

Members online