Should i swap injectors

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
Wondering weather or not i should swap my 238/100s for 300/200s on my daily driver. truck runs pretty good now but id like so squeeze a bit more power out of it. mods are in my signature plus arp head studs. whats some of you guys oppinions on this the injectors im swapping to only have 10000 miles on them and im trading a camera and 250 for them any info in appreciated. the real reason im wanting to swap is so i can sled pull once i get a dual disk clutch and will it be a bad daily driver.

bruce

Reaction score
to get the most out of them you'll need more oil and air and prolly another walbro pump

nwpastroker

Reaction score
At the very least put new orings on, Id personally send them to full force just to know what I had, never know if the previous person had correct oil or fuel. 300s will kill that hpop real quick from what i have read, and your 38r will be beyond its map even with the ww. Going to be hot, and smokey if you are in a full fuel tune.

BlueScab

Reaction score
At the very least put new orings on, Id personally send them to full force just to know what I had, never know if the previous person had correct oil or fuel. 300s will kill that hpop real quick from what i have read, and your 38r will be beyond its map even with the ww. Going to be hot, and smokey if you are in a full fuel tune.

This^

But I think you've already been told this a couple times. :pimp:

V-Ref

Reaction score
To see all the potential from 238/100s to 300/200s

Air-Find a used S467.7 :)
Clutch-South Bend Dual Disc
Fuel-Sump & a SD pump, or dual SD pumps
Rods-sprinkle good luck fairy dust into the oil on every oil change, and use conservative tuning.

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
You guys are prob right I'd bout rather just send my injectors off to full force and get the nozzles changed to 200% and just be done with it. I know my mods will support them. This is one of those cases where shoulda gone bigger in the first place lol

rascal

Reaction score
There are a few people running 200% with a 38R. Here is a Youtube vid of one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSxbmJI26k

The info on the Youtube page states the following:

This is a dyno run for the new Wicked Wheel G2 for the Garrett GTP 38R turbo. The truck being tested is running Stage 3 Single-shot 250cc/200% injectors. Peak HP was 572 and peak TQ was 1161 Ft./Lbs

mattman347

Reaction score
A 200% nozzle is on the big side for a GTP 38R. That being said, we ran on on our drag truck last year with 250/200's and a stock wheel, made 100+ passes down the strip and sprayed the crap out of it (Enough to get it down to 11.1 in the 1/4). I run the 300/200's on my OBS and drive it every week and tow a lot with it still too, but Im running the S467.7.

Reaction score
As matt stated it is on the big side for a 38r but not a bad setup. I loved my 300/200s and 38r yeah it was hot and smokey I'm the race tune at wot but cleaned up well in other tunes. You will be fine running them but would be more effiecient with a s468 or similar turbo. I found the 250/100 to match the 38r the best smoke free, cool egts excellent driveablity. This was a setup that I beat the **** out of and never had a single issue

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

4duggan

Reaction score
As matt stated it is on the big side for a 38r but not a bad setup. I loved my 300/200s and 38r yeah it was hot and smokey I'm the race tune at wot but cleaned up well in other tunes. You will be fine running them but would be more effiecient with a s468 or similar turbo. I found the 250/100 to match the 38r the best smoke free, cool egts excellent driveablity. This was a setup that I beat the **** out of and never had a single issue

Whose tuning ? I am running 250/100 38r 1.15 & ww2 still putting out a bit more than I care for .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Gearhead tuning. Keep in mind there are other factors involved such as maintaining icp, boost, and exhaust leaks, etc

Tncoalroller88

Reaction score
I hear you there but I'd just like to get to where my egt doesn't rocket right off the bat. It makes 40 psi boost and has brand new bellowed up pies but the 100% gets hot quick i guess

Latest posts

Members online