Shutting-Down During Regen

BFinMO

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has details on the long term effects of shutting down while the truck is in regeneration.

My commute is relatively short and my truck loves to begin regen when I am about 4 miles from the house. At first I would drive around for a bit when it did this, but fuel etc is just to damn expensive. So I just pull in, allow to idle for a min or so and shut it down. And no, I drive about 1 mile at 25mph so not shutting down a heat soaked turbo.

Just curious of what will, if, fail and when by doing this. I have zero plans to delete so no need to mention that.

TIA

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Every once in a while you will need to take it for a drive, if you shut it down to often the dpf could become clogged over time. So the occasional long drive to clean it out would be best.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Delete and problem solved....
Just kidding, I used to idle and shut down during regen all the time. Truck ran funny sometimes after start up, but I assumed that was just all the quirky stuff that goes along with all that heat and fuel during regen.
If it means anything, the truck wasn't deleted until 125K. And it was fine when I took the stuff off.

BFinMO

Reaction score
Thanks to all. It gets out on the highway at least once a month. Like dawg said, it does run kinda funny on re-start. So I guess I dont need to worry about DPF failure or anything to soon.

VanoFord

Reaction score
i heard its not good to idle while in regen...i may be wrong though

they also dont like low speeds while regening. my 6.4 was trying to regen after making a short trip from the grocer. only got up to 35mph. truck fried 3 sensors (not sure if this was a result of the slow mph for regen or not) and then I had to jump her home just to get her towed. Luckily it all is covered under my warranty.

:eek:fftopic
Shout out to Dorian... I haven't spent a dime at his shop, but he has answered multiple questions/issues for me all w/ great help and advice. I would have had the truck at your shop if these items werent covered on my warranty. but rest assured, when she is up in another 4k, the truck is being sent to you and gettin deleted!

Latest posts

Members online