Shutting Up the Door Dinger?

imelmo

Reaction score
How do I get rid of the annoying door open dinger? Pretty sure there's a wire to cut but I don't know where it is or which one. Thanx.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I pulled the little dinger, pop out thing in the door jam out and used a test light to figure out the hot wire and cut it. Worked on a dodge anyway.

Cody

Reaction score
ive always wanted to delete mine, but long story short it got my dui dropped down

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
I just took out the tumbler and put a piece off electrical tape over the contract. Been working for 3 years and took all of 5 minutes and can be reversed in 30 seconds.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

co04cobra

Reaction score
Pull the column covers. Phillips screwdriver. Turn the key to on. Use one of the screws from the covers to shove the silver ball in right under the key cylinder, and then pull out the whole ignition switch. There is a wire with a plasic end attached under the switch that grounds out with the key. Pull that wire out, and put a piece of tape on it like stated above. Reassemble. Hope it helps.

primetime1267

Reaction score
Mine drives me nuts, sometimes it ding ding dings with the keys out and sometimes it doesn't. I have to give the ignition a little tap, and then it goes off.. I'm gonna have to do this little tape trick.

Dtm030

Reaction score
Go to your ford dealer and when it gets taken in to the diesel tech get them to just turn it off. That's what I got Josh to do with my 08. It's just something they can de-select off a list on their laptops when plugged in.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Go to your ford dealer and when it gets taken in to the diesel tech get them to just turn it off. That's what I got Josh to do with my 08. It's just something they can de-select off a list on their laptops when plugged in.

I would say that is probably only on the newer trucks. Could be wrong, but never had anybody else have this done on older trucks.

imelmo

Reaction score
When you say the tumbler, what part are you talking about exactly or where is it on the door?

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
When you say the tumbler, what part are you talking about exactly or where is it on the door?

The ignition, there is a hole under the steering column that looks out of place. You can stick a small screwdriver up in it with the key is in the ON position and pull out the whole ignition tumbler. Then you will see a little black plastic piece with a electrical contact on it. This is the contact you either want to cover with tape or remove and tape. I believe the contact is in the 7 o'clock position roughly and toward the outside. The contact is on the truck, not the tumbler.

Denver

Reaction score
I know the OBS's have a dinger box you can unplug. Maybe the SD's might have the same thing?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.