Side window seals

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced these on an obs?The seal that is on the top of the door panel inside and the bottom of the window opening on the outside. Mine are shot and there not terribly expensive but it looks like there held in with metal pins. I just need to replace the outside ones on both sides.Thanks

glovemeister

Reaction score
Not too hard. My inside ones are broken off on the plastic all the way around gonna have to get crafty with a welder and flatstock to fix it. Easy to replace really.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I would pay a glass company to come remove the windows and put in another window seal. That way it is someone else's problem if it leaks.

Racer X

Reaction score
The pins are made to fit in the backing of seals. New seals should come with the pins in them. To remove the seals without scratching paint, a plastic door panel removal tool works best. The tool is used to lever the seal out at each pin. When you install the new seals, the pins will self lock into the holes in the door.

dave186

Reaction score
I just did mine. They can be done by just rolling down the window if your careful. The metal clips just need pushed in a bit to release them. The outer one clips into the metal door skin so you can be fairly rough with it, the inner thats clipped to the plastic door panel you want to be careful not to break the plastic.

Racer X

Reaction score
I just did mine. They can be done by just rolling down the window if your careful. The metal clips just need pushed in a bit to release them. The outer one clips into the metal door skin so you can be fairly rough with it, the inner thats clipped to the plastic door panel you want to be careful not to break the plastic.

:whs:
No need to remove the window to replace these seals.

The vent window is another matter-- replacing those seals is easier with the window removed.

dave186

Reaction score
I was told that the inner and outer are the same, and they are except that the outer has 5 clips and the inner only has 4. I had a whole bunch of them I got at the junkyard so I took the clips off some and put them on others. It worked. I have a picture somewhere if your interested.

dave186

Reaction score
2012-02-18142322.jpg

Guess I only took this one. you can see the difference in the clips.

Latest posts

Members online