Single turbo instal question/review/thoughts

johnp115

Reaction score
Hallway through installing a mpd single turbo kit. So far everything has been really straight forward.

Doing this cab on as well with the helping hand of a friend. And reading steps off of a sheet of paper.

Getting the back bolts on the Uppipes that are a pain, are actually pretty easy if you come from up under the motor. We could actually get an air ratchet on the bolts.

Right now I stand with everything removed and the pedestal ready to bolt up but.. One problem. The kit did not come with longer bolts for the Uppipe to pedestal and no threads so do I just have to go get longer bolts and nuts?

dysy8y2y.jpg

Here's with the bolt in

4e9a3uny.jpg

Really pleased with how this is coming along so far. Started at 630 and now I'm done till tomorrow when I have bolts that'll work.

udy2a5y9.jpg

As I finish this tomorrow I will post up my thoughts on how it drives, some info, and other things.

On a stock trans so I'm not gonna be dogging it left and right but I may make one pass at the track to see what it's got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Hallway through installing a mpd single turbo kit.

On a stock trans so I'm not gonna be dogging it left and right but I WILL make A FEW passes at the track to see what it's got.

Fixed

Can't wait to see what it's got bud!

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

Cknox121

Reaction score
You broke the bolts loose with a air ratchet? I had to get as much leverage as I could and then still about **** myself from straining trying to get them loose!

johnp115

Reaction score
LOL sounded like what i was doing at first!!

Yeah man came up under the truck on the driver side right next to the trans. Had me up top lining up the ratchet and my friend down bottom pressing it when it was lined up.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you need help, let me know bud!

Hellen Keller sent this?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can get you hardware, just let me know where to send it, if it didn't come with it.

johnp115

Reaction score
I can get you hardware, just let me know where to send it, if it didn't come with it.

It's all good I appreciate it though! Gonna pick up some bolts soon so I can have it running tonight.

It did not directly come from y'all, I bought it from a member here who never decided to put the kit on so they could have been misplaced somewhere else.

johnp115

Reaction score
Got it together. Can't get revised tunes till Sunday/Monday and my intake doesn't fit... Took it for a quick spin. It felt really good and it was responsive.

One thing...

It's ***kin loud....

johnp115

Reaction score
Nope I have an upgraded afe it barely won't make it over the turbo. Kinda pissed. Not really trying to dish out more money.

I mean I have a little data from crusing around and staging it a little but no sense in posting it cause it's all gonna change once I have proper tunes.

I can't get over how loud it is, I may get rid of my dump exhaust cause it bounces off the ground

Latest posts

Members online