Single turbo with stock fuel system

stroken

Reaction score
I am running a single turbo with an airdog II with no regulated return for now, just want to play with it do some numbers with and without and such. My question is, guys that are runing a single and still using the fuel cooler, how did you go about mounting it? Is there a way to do so using stock brackets? or do I need to build my own mount for it?

stroken

Reaction score
I didnt remove it. Thats what I am trying to figure out is where to mount it with a single, since it doesnt have all those stock turbo pipes and stuff to bolt to anymore.

stroken

Reaction score
I don't want to remove it. I want to keep it there but not sure how to mount it. Can I get some pictures of yours?

pog

Reaction score
just delete. it cleans up the bay. i havent noticed any difference.

stroken

Reaction score
Few people I talked to said with the 100% nozzles to keep it. Fuel will get warm after a few passes and engine won't run right. Will be choppy. Plus I'm using that to tie my cp3 into. So once I buy my regulated return I will add one online along the frame. Did y'all keep the little coolant resivour piece? Or just use the cooler? Does it use the coolant from the radiator? Or have its own (radiator)?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
You can reuse the reservoir, pump and heat exchanger and relocate the rest to the frame using a inline extruded aluminum cooler. Thats what I plan to do eventually, that way you're uncluttering the engine bay and its still functional and efficient. Just leave the heat exchanger where its at, the reservoir needs to be the highest point in the system and move it where ever you wish that that can still be done, and mount the pump where ever you want.

Reaction score
Half the heat problem is due to the return fuel out of the injectors and hpfp returning back into the fuel block instead of going directly back to tank. I have multiple trucks with hpfp and injector returns going back to tank instead of the fuel bowl/block. It gets all the hot used up fuel back to tank where it de-aireates and cools with the rest of the fuel in the tank.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
The only time your fuel should get really hot without a cooler is when your tank is really low. I run a frame mounted trans cooler just for peace of mind.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.