singles vrs splits

mudwizer

Reaction score
Are singls shot injectors louder than split shots.The reason i question is i installed 238/100 on my new rebuild, and they seem loud.Iam running 65psi fuel pressure.

GreenF350

Reaction score
They are supposed to be louder at idle from everything I've read/heard/etc. I can't say 100% for sure though since Ihave no first hand experience.
-Aaron

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
You also have to take into account the tone change/increase from going from stock nozzles to 100% over stock nozzles as well...

David N

Reaction score
Yes they are louder. My 2002 was substantially louder. Ive heard thats some of the reason injectors were changed to Split-Shot.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Everyone says there's have been louder... Mine havent.. Icp plays a roll in it too.. Good tunes make a world of difference

TARM

Reaction score
Everyone says there's have been louder... Mine havent.. Icp plays a roll in it too.. Good tunes make a world of difference

Absolutely tuning has a huge effect. As an example has anyone heard the difference a "drive-thru" tune makes against certain other tunes. That right there shows you just how quite a change in tuning effects things. Then you can hear the ones with jacked ICP as they have that crispy pop sound to them Then the ones running less icp and timing have more of a deep sound.

Personally if I wanted "quite" out of a truck I would have bought a Jap gasser. The fact I can hear my engine allow me to tell when its running good or somethings amiss.

JDub

Reaction score

Absolutely agree. While the singles in most cases are louder at idle, tuning plays a huge role and they can be made to run extremely smooth and near stock sounding.

mudwizer

Reaction score
I have some dp tunes, i had them reburnt for singles going to try them soon.running DI tunes now

firehunter

Reaction score
My singles are for sure louder than AD's at an idle and under light loads while cruising empty. When I hook to one of our trailers these injectors are "common-rail" quiet! The difference is really amazing.

mudwizer

Reaction score
Havent hooked to nothing yet just breakin in the engine have 30hrs on new rebuild.

Latest posts

Members online