Slave cylinder installation

PSDSeven.3

Reaction score
Push really hard. Also remove the master cylinder cap and get some fluid out so when you depress the rod it does not overflow. That is about all I can remember from doing it last summer, but luckily for me I had to remove it last night to get the oil cooler out, so i'll be putting it back on today. Wear some gloves and possibly put a rag on it for more padding because if I recall correctly my hand hurt like hell after it finally went on. That and it took a few tries to get it. Good luck.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Push really hard. Also remove the master cylinder cap and get some fluid out so when you depress the rod it does not overflow. That is about all I can remember from doing it last summer, but luckily for me I had to remove it last night to get the oil cooler out, so i'll be putting it back on today. Wear some gloves and possibly put a rag on it for more padding because if I recall correctly my hand hurt like hell after it finally went on. That and it took a few tries to get it. Good luck.

Thanks! Ill have to try that. Is there any way to pull back the clutch fork? I was thinking rachet strap?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PSDSeven.3

Reaction score
Never thought of that, it may gain a little room which is better than nothing. Can't hurt to try.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
2012-08-12_11-01-45_532.jpg

This is the gap i have between the bracket and the clutch fork. I can not even pull the fork back with a rachet strap.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Is it going to hurt anything if i open the bleeder to ease the pressure on it so i can push it in easier? or does it not look like my clutch fork is in there the right way?

PSDSeven.3

Reaction score
Clutch fork looks right, there is a dimple for the rod to sit in. I just put mine in a few minutes ago and it went in easier than I remember. Make sure you have the cap off the master and wrap a few rags around it to soak up any overflow.
I just pushed the rod in with the heel of my right palm as far as it would go and then quickly wedged it in place before it could come out again, then just seated it in the mount.
Don't know about a bleeder on these, thought there wasn't one?

PSDSeven.3

Reaction score
With the cap off the master, the rod should push in without too much effort though if you let go it will come back out rather quickly. Once you have it pushed in, put the rod into the dimple in the fork and then you can push against the back of the cylinder itself. I got mine wedged in crooked and then just pushed it into the mount until it snapped into place. Hope this helps.

PSDSeven.3

Reaction score
Take it off the trans and get the rod in the dimple of the clutch fork, then push on the cylinder itself until you can get it to slide into the mount.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Tried that. Always manages to slip out of the dimple. I really think im just gonna replace it and save myself this hassle. It's got a new throwout and fork so why not do this too.

Ive read a few write ups but what are some tricks for slave replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bad12jr

Reaction score
Take it off. Put the ball end on the fork. Pull the plastic housing in and angle the snap on bracket ever so slightly on the trans then give it a push onto the trans. Takes a try or two but after the third one over a 2 month period I got good at it.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.