sled pulling hitchs

617mach 1x

Reaction score
ok, well i cut mine down to 44in at the centre of my hook, anyone have any other ideas then this for bracing?
this should reduce front end raising and frame arching right?

Attachments

• hitch 2.jpg
    hitch 2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 162
  • hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 161

617mach 1x

Reaction score
nope, i have a 4link no hopping issues

i need more traction upfront, cut the hitch back to the 44in limit and braced it over to rear end as the pictures show

just wondering what other people have notice when doing this

dsberman94

Reaction score
Hang weight is about the only way to keep the front from raising a lot that I know of. What you did will mess with the rear end if it hops.

617mach 1x

Reaction score
Hang weight is about the only way to keep the front from raising a lot that I know of. What you did will mess with the rear end if it hops.

cant run hanging wieghts, only rear blocks and wieghts in the box, truck doesnt hop, not worried about that

i shorten it up by 15in, that will certainly help with the front end lifting resulting in better front end traction (i know this first hand with tractor pulling our oliver, 6in lenght redution my a world of difference with it)

617mach 1x

Reaction score
Hopefully it works out for you. I'll be interested to hear if and how much it does.

ill have results sept 20

What is the lowest it can be to the ground?

no limit, our 2,5 class is 20in max and 2,6 is 26in max

every inch up is close to 5-15 feet more at the end of the track so trying to stay at the max

could always try 19in and see how it does tho

what a mess

Reaction score
same way with pulling a car outa the ditch hook your side as high as possible there side as low as possible have you thought about adding springs to keep it from squatting?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Because you're blocked solid the rear axle turns into the fulcrum (i think is the word I'm looking for) and it pivots on that point. Sled weighs 40k iirc. Because of the way angles and science work, the rear axle being the fulcrum means if the rear moves 1 inch, the front is going to move, whatever the math turns it into, more than the rear moves.

Last edited:

617mach 1x

Reaction score
picked up 2.4 mph on a ****ty track, no more frame arching and plenty of front traction

also was running a 2.5 plug instead of the full 68mm

white07psd

Reaction score
Truck runs damn good. Theirs ways to add weight to the front. Aftermarket big steel bumpers up front are an option unless rules state otherwise. Also could get some lead and put it in the front boxed section of the frame.

Latest posts

Members online