slow ignition response

otis_301

Reaction score
I am thinking that I may need a new ignition? When turn the ignition to the start position there is a slight lag in time for the starter to engage.

To get a new ignition I assume I need to get my VIN to a dealer and order an igntion?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. If it needs to be moved, no problem.

Last edited:

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
When you turn the key on, do all the self test lights illuminate? Then when you turn to start do they go out? I would lean more towards starter relay first, unless you've already eliminated that. Possibly a loose ground or battery terminal too, the starters are known to work the bolts loose too.

Wright337

Reaction score
Mine has done this twice in the past week, when it was real cold out. I could turn the key and nothing. I would have to turn the key off and back on for a bit and it would turn over then. But it has been fine for the past few days.

otis_301

Reaction score
all the lights do come and go out. It only seems to do it when it is below 20 degrees out. (so far) I will have to check the starter relay, batt connections and starter bolts are tight. I always thought that relays were either good or bad? thanks for the insight on things to check

Latest posts

Members online