Small lifts?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
FYI, I am a Icon and Pure Performance dealer.

Best for the $ is Pures 4 link kits..IMO ride little softer than Icons.

Best shocks IMO are the Bilstein #5160-65's, Shane at Bilsteins racing dept worked on the valving specificly for the SD's.

The Best ride possible is using a 4 link radius arm kit in lieu of the stock radius arms..as they bind. 4 link arms also allow additional castor to be added ..lack of Castor on the '05 up trucks is the main cause of wobble complaints

TripleE44

Reaction score
You might talk to Trevor at pmf. I went through him and although I don't remember exact cost, I believe my whole setup was around what icon wanted for their radius arm drop kit but I got 4 link with traction blocks. I was in the same boat as you. The icon just seemed like a lot of dough. I also have the icon springs and shocks so I'm thinking my truck probably rides the same as if it had the icon.

smokedout250

Reaction score
FYI, I am a Icon and Pure Performance dealer.

Best for the $ is Pures 4 link kits..IMO ride little softer than Icons.

Best shocks IMO are the Bilstein #5160-65's, Shane at Bilsteins racing dept worked on the valving specificly for the SD's.

The Best ride possible is using a 4 link radius arm kit in lieu of the stock radius arms..as they bind. 4 link arms also allow additional castor to be added ..lack of Castor on the '05 up trucks is the main cause of wobble complaints

I know you are!!!! Now thus is a thought can a guy buy a lift and upgrade later to the 4 link? That way I could try both styles and go from there!

So basically I'm being told Icon is the best! But us it really worth the 500$ or so dollars more than most company's? I plan to run the bilstien shocks either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron S

Reaction score
If your not concerned with going for the smoothest ride possible then just keep the stock radius arms. If you do end up going with the four link you may need to get a larger anti sway bar aswell, which is another cost.

You can fit 37s with 4.5 inches of lift with close to stock backspacing, so unless you plan to run larger tires than that theres no reason to go with a larger lift.

smokedout250

Reaction score
If your not concerned with going for the smoothest ride possible then just keep the stock radius arms. If you do end up going with the four link you may need to get a larger anti sway bar aswell, which is another cost.

You can fit 37s with 4.5 inches of lift with close to stock backspacing, so unless you plan to run larger tires than that theres no reason to go with a larger lift.

Thank you for the input! It's just width of tire I'm of afraid of I planned 36s till I found out they were 14" wide. I'm not sold on anything yet just trying to learn that's all

smokedout250

Reaction score
6424d32d.jpg

This is the height I'm looking for I'm running a shortbox with a camper package if that helps

smokedout250

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna just do a 4.5" an 35s they seem to be the cheaper route to go and I can pens money in other places!

jdc753

Reaction score
You could always start with the Icon 4.5 and then down the road put a 2.5" "leveling" kit spacer on top of the lift coils, or a 1" or 2" or whatever works right, then adjust the rear block. Adjustable track bar should work for the added height, might need sway bar links but I would think they would be ok.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
You could always start with the Icon 4.5 and then down the road put a 2.5" "leveling" kit spacer on top of the lift coils, or a 1" or 2" or whatever works right, then adjust the rear block. Adjustable track bar should work for the added height, might need sway bar links but I would think they would be ok.

when you start "stacking" the front like that...you'll throw the caster/camber out of wack...and you'll need to get a kit to fix that as well.

Latest posts

Members online